Customer Support Engineer
- To fulfill after sales needs of customers in the assigned territory
- Responsible to Maintain response time & downtime to assigned customers
- Responsible for instruments installation and Warranty service in the Field.
- Responsible for Billable service and promote the service contracts.
- Responsible for Accessories & Consumables sales
- Performs field service as advised by the supervisor, carrying our repairs, maintenance and installation of instrumentation and their accessories.
- Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Executing preventive maintenance calls as scheduled.
- Align personal working practices with the team performance targets. Actively demonstrate compliance with all team targets.
- Maintains personal service spares issued and inventory records to the highest standard. Ensures all anomalies are quickly and effectively reported and resolved.
- Ensures that all tools and test equipment is adequate to perform service required, and that all test equipment issued is calibrated at the times specified.
- Makes returns of all fully completed service documentation, Service Reports, Expenses Claims, on a daily basis.
a. To ensure that quality standards are maintained while servicing the equipment.
b. To maintain good communication at all relevant levels of customer organization.
c. In case, customer gives poor rating while taking feedback about our services, necessary support has to be taken from colleagues and ensure that customer complaint is resolved.
- Knowledge Management
d. To continuously update the technical knowledge of products.
e. Attend local / overseas Training
f. To develop applications knowledge.
g. To develop soft skills related to communication, selling and customer management.
- Cross functional support
h. To support all colleagues as and when necessary aligning to objectives of organization growth.
i. To help Service Sales by following up on contract status, Account Receivables and promoting Upgrades/Accessories/Consumables.
Job Requirements :
Diploma in Engineering or Sciences
Required work experience related to position：
- Minimum 2 years working experience in servicing and supporting Life Science and Diagnostics analyzers
- Experience supporting automation solution will be a plus.
- Travelling within Japan as required.
- Background in Electronics preferably gained in a high technology service environment, together with an understanding of Life Science and Diagnostics applications.
- English communication skill (mainly READING)
- Resourceful and resilient in achieving goals, Focused on achieving results
- Proactive mindset with strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Creates and maintains effective customer relationships
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with customers on all levels, providing service information, technical data and general help as necessary.
- Ability to communicate internally; orally and in writing.
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Understanding of excellent Customer Service
Key Performance Indicators:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Down Time
- Overdue PM
- PM Kit/Consumable sales
- Regional Revenue
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top