Customer Service Representative – Level I
ViaCord, a PerkinElmer Company, provides newborn stem cell preservation services for expectant families. Newborn stem cells are a valuable source of non-controversial stem cells; the building blocks of our blood and immune systems. The value and benefits of stem cells found in umbilical cord blood are clear; cord blood collection saves lives today and medical researchers are exploring new uses for umbilical cord blood stem cells for tomorrow, including diabetes, heart disease, and stroke.
Our Customer Service team is critical to the success of preserving the stem cells. They assist parents throughout the delivery process with any questions and also are responsible for ensuring the safe delivery of the stem cells to our laboratory facility.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic people to join our growing team! This is a great opportunity for an individual to join an organization that provides growth opportunities for individuals looking to build a career in the biotech sector.
- Provide customers, both internally and externally, with a high level of service with regards to all inquiries, orders and shipments
- Respond to all customer contacts promptly, efficiently and accurately
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Assist clients and medical staff throughout the delivery life cycle of ViaCord's service
- Must showcase ability to successfully resolve customer issues including order discrepancies, complaints, billing and shipping issues
- Assure quality, integrity and accuracy of client information (including review, processing, and database entry)
- Must understand the Work Instruction and Change Control Standard Operating Procedure process
- Provide Front Desk coverage (as needed)
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1+ years' experience in customer service and/or contact center (consumer market)preferred
- Proven understanding of fundamental call center metrics and performance management techniques
- Must have strong interpersonal, customer service and phone skills.
- Must be highly reliable and motivated to excel
- Ability to work with cross-functional departments; experience working with teams
- Ability to communicate effectively (both written & orally)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with adherence to deadlines
- Superior planning, organizational, and time management skills to effectively allocate and manage resources
- Basic typing, computer skills and data entry experience preferred (proficiency with Microsoft Office and familiarity with Siebel database a plus)
- Full Time: Monday through Friday
Candidates should be able to articulate why they would be a fit for this position and demonstrate how the position's requirements would apply to them.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top