Customer Service Engineer - UK, Ireland - Diagnostics
The Customer Service Engineer will impact sales of PerkinElmer by maintaining a high standard, professional image and by demonstrating the added value of customer support, always acting as an ambassador for the Company.
The Customer Service Engineer will impact positively on the overall performance of the Customer Service Department by maintaining a flexible approach to work. Planning and executing work in an affective and efficient manner, providing the highest levels of customer service support and the best possible financial performance.
This role is part of a team covering all of UK&I. Preference will be given to candidates living along the M4 /M40 Corridor who will be able to access customers in Bristol, Portsmouth, Oxford and London.
Products supported include:
- AutoDELFIA (prenatal with addition of sample processor)
- DELFIA Xpress
- Genetic Screening Processor (GSP)
- Panthera and DBS Punch instruments.
- Janus liquid handling robotic instruments possibly with robotic arm installations
- Zephyr and Sciclone liquid handling robotic instruments
- Chemagic Prepito, MSM1 and 360 nucleic acid extraction instruments as stand alone, or integrated with Janus instruments
- LabChip Microfluidic units
Priorities and Objectives
- Performs field service as advised by the call despatch staff/system in conjunction with the Group Leader, carrying our repairs, maintenance and installation of life science instrumentation and their accessories. Provide onsite user training on defined product groups.
- Organizing routine maintenance allocated on a monthly basis.
- Ensures that all documentation, circuit diagrams, Service Data Bulletins and manuals are of the correct revision to undertake service on specific instrument types. Maintains ancillary documentation e.g. Safety Manual, Procedures Manual to the highest standard with regular reviewing of manuals provided in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Align personal working practices with the department's performance targets. Actively demonstrate compliance with all team targets.
- Maintains personal service spares issued and inventory records to the highest standard. Ensures all anomalies are quickly and effectively reported and resolved.
- Ensures that all tools and test equipment is adequate to perform service required, and that all test equipment issued is calibrated at the times specified.
- Makes returns of all fully completed service documentation, Service Reports, Time Sheets, Expenses Claims, Motor Vehicle Log Sheets etc, on a weekly basis.
- May be requested to perform specific and agreed tasks as defined through the Goal statements, already embedded in the Company Culture.
Job Requirements :
- HND or equivalent in Electronic Engineering or a Biotechnology discipline
- Full UK Driving License
- Experience in a Customer Service Environment
- Background in Electronics preferably gained in a high technology service environment, together with an understanding of analytical and clinical instrument applications.
- Previous experience of the products outlined above or similar useful. Mass spec experience also advantageous.
- Incumbent must have excellent people management and motivational skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with customers on all levels, providing service information, technical data and general help as necessary.
- Ability to communicate internally; orally and in writing.
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Understanding of excellent Customer Service
% of Travel Required : 60-70%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top