Our in-house creative agency has both design and production capabilities. The Copywriter supports marketing through the development of effective marketing materials within both print and digital media. The Copywriter has responsibility for in-brand concept, copy, and presentation of all assigned projects.
- Collaborate with peers on conceptual development and the drafting/editing of copy for various types of promotional marketing materials.
- Analyze information and engage subject matter experts to determine key messages, forming relevant understanding of the content context as it applies to business area, market and target groups.
- Create relevant themes and concepts that explore potential and articulate a proposition.
- Keep up to date with marketing trends as well as specific trends of competitors.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with in-house clients, appropriately influencing relevant stakeholders to achieve short and long-term goals.
- Work collaboratively with other departments while proactively problem solving.
- Maintain a clear and reasonable vision of 'next steps' and the 'big picture' during meetings, conversations or whenever the parameters of a project change.
- Meet overall content development performance goals.
- Create on target, effective concepts, using appropriate style and tonality for the brand, audience, market, culture and the business context.
- Communicate ideas clearly, professionally, and persuasively at an individual and group level – presenting and 'selling' solutions to marketing strategies, content and business objectives.
- Work closely with Graphic Designers to provide concepts that effectively reflect marketing strategies and meet the clients' objectives.
- Partner with Graphic Designer in leading Creative Planning Sessions.
- Partner with Client/Traffic Manager to identify project scope and objectives; define timelines and workflow; and ensure focused concepts that meet all client objectives.
- Work on content corrections resulting from the review process - ensuring all deliverable are met.
- Ensure copy is consistent with company tone and overall strategic goals of the organization
- As a brand steward, understand and promote use of brand assets and guidelines.
- Ensure brand integrity from concept through final production.
- Identify work process improvements; exercise sound business judgment with minimal supervision, raising issues to departmental management as appropriate and offering value-added solutions.
- Contribute towards the growth and management of relationships with creative agencies, freelance designers, and print vendors.
Job Requirements :
Education and Experience Requirements
- 5+ years of promotional copywriting experience, preferably in B2B health, pharma, or biotech in an agency and/or corporate environment.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in marketing, advertising, English, communications or similar.
- Demonstrate strong conceptual abilities – creative mind with strong visualization skills - and expert writing skills, editing and proofing abilities.
- Able to create a range of concepts for each project.
- Ability to write concise, attention grabbing and hard hitting copy for a variety of audiences that conveys message and is brand-appropriate.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Seen as value added in brainstorming sessions with an ability to formulate innovative ideas.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – Ability to establish clear directions based on objectives, communicating well with others on the progress of work and results.
- Must have professional maturity, integrity, discipline, and a positive attitude.
- Grasps things quickly, is good at learning new industries and products.
- Possesses the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Excellent project/time management skills and the ability to work juggle multiple tasks and priorities as well as strong follow-through.
- Solid team player; a self-starter, highly motivated and the ability to take initiative.
- Solid Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills required.
- Limited travel
- Requirements listed in LMS for role.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top