Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Performs clinical laboratory tests, procedures and analyses to provide data for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease in newborns.
Duties and Responsibilities: organize by most essential tasks to least essential tasks.
- Prepares specimens for analysis and organizes tests to be performed.
- Prepares and properly labels reagents required for laboratory testing.
- Conducts analyses of dried blood spots or body fluid to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
- Reviews test results, maintains legible work records, and enters findings into the laboratory information systems.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment according to established schedules and procedures.
- Verifies proper instrument function by checking and calibrating lab instruments and documents data.
- Records in instrument logs any repairs, part replacements and maintenance performed on laboratory instruments.
- Participates, as requested, in the training of new employees.
- Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor's Degree in a physical science or medical technology.
- 1+ years' experience in a high volume clinical lab desirable
- Valid current CLS Certification.
Working Conditions: describe office, loading dock, lab environment, include shifts and any travel:
- Clinical laboratory environment; some exposure to blood borne pathogens and chemical irritants. Exposure to MS/MS equipment, liquid handlers and centrifuges.
- Must wear protective lab gear including lab coat, gloves, face shield and completely closed footwear.
- Employee may be requested to work shifts other than daylight depending on the needs of the laboratory. Weekend rotation may be required.
- Some travel may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and site for periods of time and move from one part of the lab to another. . Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top