Clinical Genomics Product Manager
The (Sr.) Product Manager (SPM/PM) is responsible for driving the Perkinelmer Genetics (PKIG)strategic direction and tactical implementation of activities under the surpervision of global marketing director that will lead to a customer-centric and goal achievement culture. This includes participating in all product marketing activities that drive the flow of products to our customers in a manner that highlights differentiation and value. This "product champion" is a key focal point for PKIG with regard to product and market knowledge, planning/execution, and achievement of business objectives. The PM is responsible for the product from identification of customer and market needs/wants, to concept, website and product development, product launch, through and including product discontinuation.
As a member of the marketing team, the PM is responsible for assisting in the following activities for their product(s):
- Assisting in the development of marketing campaigns
- Participating in strategic and tactical planning to develop key marketing campaigns, sales collateral and awareness vehicles to drive demand for product portfolio
- Developing high impact sales tools that communicate a differentiated and compelling value proposition for product portfolio
- Assist in constructing the strategy to optimize product promotions for all target segments
- Works collaboratively with the sales organization to gain a thorough understanding of their needs and constraints
- Developing strong relationships across Business Units, Operations, Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, R&D, and Sales to build and execute successful strategies
- Develop, build forecast models, analytical and financial frameworks for product lines
- Uses appropriate data to measure effectiveness of a particular marketing initiative
- Assist with budget management for product line, to ensure budget is maximized to have the greatest impact
- Build, maintain, and update all marketing collateral including PKIG website
- Participant in US product launch plan and sales force training initiatives in collaboration with other commercial channels within PerkinElmer
Job Requirements :
Bachelor's or Master's degree
Minimum 6+ years related work experience, proven skills to manage demanding projects in regulated environment, with at least 4 years in marketing or product management.
Product management experience in genetic testing is strongly preferred. Strong presentation & communication skills, strategic planning, critical thinking and analysis of market conditions.
Candidate / incumbent should possess the following:
- Understanding of the technology and capabilities of the division's products;
- Understanding of market and customer dynamics; - understanding of sales processes;
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting medical devices/diagnostics;
- Ability to lead and influence without direct authority;
- Ability to work independently and in groups; ability to work cross-functionally;
- Ability to apply analytical thinking, problem-solving skills and critical-thinking skills;
- Ability to clearly, concisely and accurately convey communications, whether verbal, written or in presentations;
- Ability and aptitude to use various types of databases and other computer software;
- Ability to form and develop interpersonal, professional relationships; display socially and professionally appropriate behavior
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top