Chromatography Development Leader
The Chromatography Development Leader is accountable for initiating, directing and executing all Development functions associated to the Chromatography business. This position is responsible for playing a critical role on major initiatives supporting the strategic priorities across the business as well as providing global support to the Research, Operations, Applications, and Leadership teams. Providing innovative technology platforms for future growth and accelerating the product development of total system solutions will be the primary drivers of the role.
- Directs the activities of the engineers working on Chromatography development
- Ensure all projects are properly allocated in the product pipeline and following a phase gated process
- Accountable for innovation and technology capabilities and expertise within this with a focus on driving best practices for the necessary tools, methodology and training required to meet global development objectives
- Responsible for contributing technical resources to the organization's business development process
- Responsible for all development Team financial planning and analysisincluding staff, project, research, and capital budgets
- Prepares budget on a semiannual basis to address administrative needs of his/her team (computers, software,measurement instruments, reference materials, training, etc…); monitors and approves expenditures / expense reports against approved budget.
- Works closely with his/ her Team and Operations to implement design for manufacture and six sigma quality
- Manages all engineers leaders working in Chromatography development
- Develops / mentors team members to achieve maximum productivity / potential of team; understands competencies of team members; develops product development metrics to track effectiveness of development activities.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or other technical discipline required; Master of Science in Engineering or other technical discipline strongly preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience leading engineering/R&D teams, with a strong background in design excellence, change management, and continuous improvements.
- Experience in product planning and implementing prioritized plans.
- Highly effective communication and negotiation skills, in a complex/global environment.
- Experience managing/leading direct reports, including coaching, development and performance management.
- Ability to interact successfully with different cultures and across global time zones & working styles.
- Currently active in appropriate industry, technical, and professional associations
- Design for Six Sigma training and/or certification is preferred.
- Exhibits strong bias for action and results.
- Ability to travel between 10-20% or as needed.
% of Travel Required : 10-20%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top