Coordinates activities involved with purchasing and planning of goods, services and commodities of strategic importance to Caliper a Perkin Elmer Company. May also procure for production items such as raw materials, equipment, tools, fabricated parts, supplies and miscellaneous items for the entire organization by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The major functions and responsibilities of the position to achieve results include but are not limited to the following:
- Review purchase requisitions and ERP output for appropriate information and approvals.
- Confers with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedules.
- Runs and sends suppliers Open Order, Past Due Orders, Supplier Requirements and Kanban reports as required.
- Enters and reschedules purchase orders in the ERP system in a timely manner.
- Interfaces directly with staff and suppliers to resolve order status, discrepancies, past due items and schedule/date changes.
- Administers the Supplier Kanban and LRS program.
- Resolves invoice discrepancies with suppliers and Accounts Payable.
- Coordinates defective and returned materials with suppliers, Quality Assurance and others to determine root cause, initiate and follow-up on corrective actions.
- Develop and refine materials shortage notification and fulfillment processes.
- Coordinate office supply ordering and replenishment.
- Runs, compiles and distributes reports and databases related to inventory, open Purchase Orders, bookings, backlog, shipments and suppliers.
- Develop and administrate reports and databases to support multiple business functions as required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Job Requirements :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university desired, and one to three years related experience and or training; or equivalent education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and purchase specifications. Ability to effectively present information, and respond to inquiries from management, suppliers, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization may exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS
A.P.P. (Accredited Purchasing Practitioner) certification or C.P.M. (Certified Purchasing Manager) certification from NAPM/ISM is a plus.
The physical demands described here a re representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, and occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position involve close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential position functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top