Business Development Specialist, OEM Products
PerkinElmer seeks an experienced and motivated individual to develop new original equipment manufacturing (OEM) business within the Applied Genomics unit. You will be responsible for developing and executing strategy that will translate into business sales of OEM products in the field of genomics and proteomics. The role will work closely with the Applied Genomics product management team to identify new business opportunities, differentiated offerings and develop market awareness.
- Ownership of the Applied Genomics OEM product portfolio
- Achievement of OEM revenue and profit objectives
- Negotiate agreements, provision customer training, and product assimilation support
- Define global OEM strategy and equip product lines for growth
- Close interactions with customers to differentiate product features
- Work with sales and marketing to produce leads through attending trade shows, online advertising and appropriate media publications
- Maintain a close interaction with the quality team & regulatory board to ensure OEM product quality
- Work closely with R&D and product management on new products
- Identify new growth areas, new technology andemerging product opportunities
Job Requirements :
- MS/BS degree in or equivalent preferred biology or chemistry, with a minimum of 7 years' experience in a commercial Life science organization
- Business acumen required, MBA or equivalent desirable but not necessary
- Team participation skills, a proven team player
- 5 years Sales experience required
- Strong relationship building abilities both with internal and external customers
- Ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Identify and present innovative and creative product solutions and/or ideas.
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as basic mathematical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficient communication skills and web/internet/google browsing experience
- Demonstrated success in current role
- Travel required will be 25% able to travel domestically & internationally, flexibility in last minute travel arrangements necessary
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top