Job Summary and Essential Functions:
PerkinElmer is a global technology leader driving growth and initiative in the Environmental and Human Health Science markets. The company is a leading force in the development, production, marketing, servicing, and supporting of laboratory instrumentation and ancillary services throughout the world.
PerkinElmer Genetics is one of the world's largest providers of newborn screening services, and offers comprehensive genetic testing solutions that help provide insight into the complex nature of rare and inherited diseases. The PerkinElmer DNA Sequencing Services business provides state of the art DNA/RNA measurement services. We are looking for an innovative Bioinformatician to work with state of the art bioinformatics tools including Cloud Computing to analyze customer samples in our highly advanced DNA sequencing center.
This person will be responsible for developing bioinformatics tools and pipelines to process and manage Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data, as well as other molecular testing data. This person will work closely with the scientific and operations team to design, develop and deploy new data processing pipelines, software applications, databases and custom scripts. Additional responsibilities include exploring and/or evaluating state of the art bioinformatics tools, processing clinical testing samples and delivering results to customers.
Job Requirements :
Experience and Required Skills:
- Master or PhD degree in bioinformatics, biostatistics, computer sciences or equivalent in Life Sciences discipline
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in bioinformatics in an industrial, academic, or government laboratory
- Proven experience in building and delivering NGS data analysis pipelines and software applications
- Strong programming skills and proficient in programing languages including Perl/Python, R, SQL and shell scripting
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently as well as work with others in a team
- Experience in working in a clinical laboratory environment is preferred
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top