Purpose of the main job
Provide territorial/regional broad-based legal support for commercial and corporate matters in EMEA including: reviewing, drafting and negotiation of sales and service transactions, corporate office and tax legal support (entity management), support supervising attorney with M&A activities (as appropriate), HR legal support and compliance initiatives associated with all of the above, including GDPR and data privacy matters.
- Support process for review and approval of commercial contracts
- Review and analyze Requests for Proposal and business opportunities; identify contract requirements, prerequisites and areas of liability and cost concern and discuss contract provisions as needed with other corporate functions (finance, etc.)
- When needed negotiate any differences between the Company's standard position and those offered by customers; ability to effectively negotiate, persuade and offer creative resolutions to reach mutually acceptable compromise positions
- Handle to completion complex contractual responses and administer same
- Ensure that the Company's contracts serve the best interests of the Company within the practical constraints of the individual transaction. Minimize Company's risk
- Provide legal assistance for corporate functions including Finance, Tax, HR, etc.
- Create and deliver effective compliance trainings, including GDPR and data privacy trainings, as needed
- Support the implementation of a corporate GDPR compliance program
Job Requirements :
- Legal degree with 2-5 years prior legal experience, including contract negotiation/administration experience.
- Solid understanding of basic contract law principles and functional facility with complex legal issues such as indemnification, intellectual property, limitations of liability and warranty issues
Required work experience related to position:
- Understanding of company (or comparable) product lines, pricing and discounting
- Experience with tender contracting processes and ability to administer large governmental relationships; familiarity with government procurement regulations
- Familiarity with bonding and insurance issues
- Familarity with Corporate issues (governance, establishment, tax, HR, etc.)
- Fluent in English, at least CEFR C1 level.
- Ability to analyze and develop strategies and tactics to achieve positive results; deconstruct proffered negotiation positions to understand motivations and possible alternatives; review documents to isolate requirements and resolve or distribute as required
- Ability to clearly articulate position, be persuasive and reach agreement on critical contract issues with little managerial support
- Ability to make cost effective time management decisions to enable prioritization of highest value work
- Willingness to continuously learn and acquire experience to grow in the position and advance within the company
- Ability to independently develop recommendations on contracts and other issues
- Candidate should be able to work independently, be energetic and self-motivated
- Writing skills capable of concise contract drafting and the ability to draft and edit during negotiations
- Ability to effectively present in training sessions and management presentations
- Ability to successfully lead projects and establish cohesive, effective cross-functional teams
- MS Word and Excel command required
- Experience implementing a GDPR compliance program will be a plus
- Fluency in German will be a plus
Working with us implies
- helping to improve the health & safety of people and the environment
- work in a hi-tech, innovative, team oriented, energetic and scientific environment
- career development opportunities in multiple business areas
Additionally we offer:
- attractive compensation and performance bonus
- recognition & referral awards
- tuition reimbursement program
- language classes
- business, technical and soft skills trainings
- private medical care
- life & accident insurance
- sport programs (individual and team)
- CSR activities
- home office
- Social Fund benefits (Christmas vouchers, vacation and childcare subsidies, cinema tickets, etc.)
- modern office facility including parking lot
- relaxation, gaming and nursery room
- casual dress policy
- fresh fruits served every morning
- bike ride subsidy
- …and 30 days of vacation!
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top