Associate Software Engineer
Purpose Responsible for the installation, configuration, documentation, and support of software packages supported by Diagnostics Software Services (DSS) according to specifications and in a manner that meets or exceeds customer satisfaction, quality, and efficiency expectations.
Extensive team and customer interaction is required and the abilities to act professionally and swiftly to customer concerns are imperative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, configure, validate, and support software applications responsible by DSS to meet the approved requirements and scope documentation and according to the Quality Management System.
- Conducts customer training sessions for software packages supported by DSS.
- Create appropriate documentation for all work performed. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Change Request Form
- SSD approval
- Technical Specification documents
- Verification Plans & Reports
- Issue Handling documentation in ticketing system
- Training materials
- Independently troubleshoots, resolves, and tests technical issues.
- Ability to execute a given test plan
- Proactively works with other team members to review code set and configuration for accuracy and completeness
- Can write and execute SQL statements
- Able to perform assigned tasks within the scope of one application
- Comprehends general newborn screening laboratory workflow
- Communicates high-level product features for all newborn screening software applications
- Ability to listen and receive constructive criticism
- Receptive to new, innovative ideas and solutions
- Actively participates in team environment
- Ability to follow detailed requirements and complete deliverables to meet commitments
- Treats other team members and customers with respect
- Discusses solutions openly with team members to seek feedback and make improvements
- Ensures the complete satisfaction of the customers.
- The position requires willingness to travel frequently – 50% travel domestic and international.
- General office atmosphere and laboratory environment workspace. Customer laboratories will include biological sample material.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelors/Masters degree or commensurate experience
- 0-2 years of configuring software
- Experience with one of the following: SQL Server, Oracle, Crystal Reports, or an Object-Oriented programming language
- Experience delivering what's promised on time, proactively provide status reports, and have the up-side to independently manage tasks and projects from inception through completion with minimal supervisory guidance.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top