Application Scientist - Inorganic
- Develop integrated application solutions for global inorganic markets using AA and ICP based technology, including sample preparation, method development, application development and related consumables kits
- Lead strategic technology evaluation activities and provide technical assessment to BU Director, assist BU Director to formulate and drive application, product and technology roadmap.
- As a BU team member to identify key application topics according to customer requirements and market trend and deploy the solutions after development.
- Be a global application harbor across different teams. Work closely with regional product specialists across the world and manage the application library to better support both the commercial team and customers.
- Provide technical support to key sustaining engineering projects to deliver fast response to urgent field case or opportunity. And act as consultant as required to R&D team and operation team.
- Understand the regulatory framework regionally and identify opportunities to gain regulatory penetration, both in terms of representation on panels and new methods. Gain insight into regulatory trends and timings.
- Be flexible to perform other related duties as assigned
- PhD or MS with equivalent experience related to the development and validation solutions using inorganic testing techniques (AA or ICP).
- 3+ years of recent scientific experience in inorganic testing domain (AA or ICP)
- Hands on experience of AA or ICP and sample preparation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently under pressure of deadlines as well as the desire to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized
- Ability to succeed in a global fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent team orientation
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top