Summary: The position develops biochemical and cell-based applications for a range of PerkinElmer assay technologies utilizing our Multimode Plate Readers (such as EnVision, EnSight), automated liquid handlers (e.g., JANUS), and high content imagers (Operetta and Opera Phenix). The position supports new assay and product development, as well as provides training and support for customers and PerkinElmer Field Application Scientists. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategic assay and applications to support the reagents and instrument teams- assay technologies such as AlphaLISA, AlphaPLEX, LANCE, DELFIA, Cellular Cytometry and Mobility Shift assays (partial list) and business needs.
- Generate application specific technical content for use by sales and marketing such as application notes and technical briefs, including writing the document.
- Develop applications-based scientific posters and presentations for use at scientific conferences and publications.
- Evaluate novel assay technologies for the PerkinElmer portfolio.
- Support reagent and instrument demonstrations and trainings for customers.
- Operate under tight schedules.
Job Requirements :
- MS or PhD in Biochemistry, Biology or related area with 2-5 years of experience or a BS degree with minimum 5 years of industry or academic bench experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Individual must have bench expertise in drug discovery assays including assay design, development. Troubleshooting experience for a wide range of assay technologies desirable.
- Background in cell culture/cell-based assays is a plus.
- Experience in fluorescence imaging is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively, independently and collaboratively, within a team environment.
- Self-motivated and energetic with a results-focused approach to achieving daily goals and activities.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude to learn new instrument systems and retain technical information.
- Willingness for occasional overnight travel.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top