Analytical Science Account Manager - North
As an Account Manager you will be responsible for increasing sales in the North of UK (not solely but in the main postcode regions of M, S, NG, DN, HU) for the analytical sciences portfolio.
Duties include presenting PerkinElmer capabilities in the marketplace, providing a first line of contact to our prospective customers, working to increase our market share, and representing PerkinElmer in existing accounts.
Previous sales experience of instrumentation is an advantage; however, we will consider applications from candidates with experience using relevant instrumentation in a laboratory environment who are considering a change in career direction.
Preference will be given to candidates based in North England. (Manchester / Nottingham / Sheffield).
Priorities and Objectives
- Increase Perkin Elmer's market share by identifying new customers.
- Maintain existing customer base and grow these accounts.
- Plan face to face meetings with new and existing customers.
- Execute an account "mapping" strategy to identify the key players within each account(s).
- Understand competitors in the market place.
- Develop specific annual growth plans in designated account(s).
- Network within designated account(s) to fully understand their needs.
- Developing proposals to provide system solutions to your customer's needs.
- Help identify and close business opportunities with sales territory.
- Monitoring sales growth and new opportunities within designated account(s).
- Monitoring overall customer satisfaction with our products and services.
Job Requirements :
Critical Success Factors:
- Technical Skills: You will be required to have a technical understanding of the products but will be supported by the U.K. based application specialist team. Previous experience either using or selling similar products would be beneficial.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills required enabling you to tailor your style and content depending on the customer base/position. We are looking for a candidate who will be enthusiastic not only with customers but also when working with colleagues.
- Team Skills: You will be part of the UK team who support each other by sharing postive experiences, success stories, technical know how and account knowledge. Work within a platform where we provide feedback to colleagues on industry trends, customers growth opportunities
- Business & Organisation Knowledge: It will be necessary to create a territory plan, a business plan and a plan of key accounts. Highlighting how you will retain and grow existing customer and how you will generate new business within the territory.
- Change Management: The market place is an evolving arena which requires PerkinElmer to be flexible in its structure and organisation in order to be successful, this sometimes means that we have to modify roles to suit – you will be expected to facilitate and embrace this change
- A degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Materials, Environmental Science or similar
- Command of English language, written and oral.
- Full driving licence
- Proven sales experience, within laboratory Instrumentation an advantage
- Sales training will be given to laboratory technicians/scientists who have used relevant instrumentation in industry or academia.
- Good presentation, communication and inter-personal skills including negotiation skills
- Numerate and competent with detail and analysis
- Prepared to travel throughout the territory, to Head Office in Seer Green and sometimes overseas on an ad hoc basis.
% of Travel Required : 60-70%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
VP, Technology & Innovation
Karen is charged with driving innovation both internally and externally. She spends her days identifying new markets, technologies, and innovative product offerings that PerkinElmer can leverage to potentially disrupt the marketplace.
Back to top