Account Manager - Perten Instruments Spain
Perten Instruments AB (PIAB) a Perkin Elmer company has been revolutionizing analytical devices for more than five decades. Customers look to PIAB for market-leading worldwide analytical standards (Falling Number & Glutomatic System), moisture testers, bench top and online NIR devices, and a variety of other systems used in Agricultural, Food producers (meat, dairy, etc.), Animal Feed producers, Flour Mill markets. Perten is one of the fastest growing company in the industry with many new products in the pipeline.
Today, PIAB has extensive expertise in the areas of engineering and manufacturing. Continuous research and customer partnerships help us develop the latest technological advances in designing accurate analytical instrumentation in the Agrifood segments.
For the further extension of the current sales activities in Spain, we are seeking a Sales Specialist and Account Manager. Responsible of sales growth, market share gain, and erosion targets in assigned Accounts. Preference will be given to candidates based centrally in the Madrid area.
- Prospect Management
Achievement of annual budget
Actively scout for and be involved in lead generation, maintaining existing accounts, identify new accounts and product opportunities.
Develop and deliver product demonstrations on less complex instruments (where applicable).
Be able to provide high level information about techniques and products with the continuous aim of optimizing sales success.
Identify customer needs and trends and always present Perten product and support services to customers appropriately and effectively.
Responsible for ensuring the territory prospect pipeline is populated with a balance of short, mid and long term prospects sufficient for the continuous attainment of territory half year targets.
Actively sell the increased value of Perten products and services and always negotiate the best price thus minimizing price erosion.
Maintain technical selling capability to function in a consultative role for the customer.
- Develop and own penetration plans in his / her Accounts.
Maintain an effective time and territory management plan; Always able to professionally present on the current status of the territory, account planning and its business growth potentials.
Maintain accurate customer and prospect information utilizing approved information and database tools and technologies. Provide and maintain account mapping on all accounts considered key to PIAB success.
- Cultivate partnerships with customers and other suppliers to solve customer problems.
Own the customer experience in his/her accounts to ensure customer satisfaction.
Facilitate solving customer problems by assuring cross functional coordination.
Build a long term strong relationship with the Accounts to brick wall against competitive threats.
Participation in Tradeshows, exhibitions, seminars and customer meetings.
Job Requirements :
- Must be Professional and Ethical with high Integrity.
- Proactive mindset with strong sense of responsibility and ownership. He/she is results oriented and able to operate effectively in a multicultural global workplace.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems. Capable of influence and motivating others.
- Capable to operate independently and as part of a team, he/she has excellent leadership and motivational skills, is team orientated and highly communicative.
Education and experience:
- Degree level of food technology or chemistry
- Commercially-minded with proven track record in sales.
- Sales Experience in Agrifood industry, Agri RD organism and equipment's. 3-5 years
- Self-starter with a high degree of independence.
- Experience in project management, excellent planning and organizational skills and good problem solving abilities.
- Excellent marketing acumen and be able operate effectively in a matrix business environment.
- Willingness to travel (>50%) and work (mainly outside) visiting customers, along with office-based home working
- Flexible to needs of the business.
- Comfortable with working relationships both external and internal to the office environment (e.g. key customers, distributors, sales managers)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in English.
- Full driver license
% of Travel Required : 60-70%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top