Account Manager (Cambs-E Anglia) Reagents & Instruments
As an Account Manager you will be responsible for increasing sales in UK South for products supporting next generation sequencing workflows (including nucleic acid extraction, purification, quantification and automation).
Key Products: Janus, chemagic Prepito/360, Zephyr/Sciclone, LabChip, DropletQuant, Bioo Scientific
Areas of focus for your territory will be instruments and reagent products within the Pharma and Biotech Industry as well as covering universities and CRO's. The territory covers East Anglia and Northern Home counties but a large proportion of customers are in London and Cambridge.
Priorities and Objectives
Duties include presenting PerkinElmer capabilities in the marketplace, providing a first line of contact to our prospective customers, working to increase our market share, and representing PerkinElmer in existing accounts.
Grow Geographic Sales Volume:
- Execute a sales plan that is part of the region's and company's strategic objectives.
- Direct growth-oriented activities directed at our current customer base, identification of new targeted accounts, participation in trade shows and improvement of overall market share and profitability.
- Utilize resources effectively.
Grow Designated Accounts Sales Volume.
- Execute a sales plan specific to designated account(s) which promotes the growth of reagent product lines.
- Account management of our current customer base, identification of new targeted accounts, participation in trade shows and improvement of overall market share and profitability.
- Utilize other sales and support resources effectively within the accounts.
Develop and implement business plans.
- Maintain an effective time and territory management plan
- Present business and technical information.
- Identify customer needs and trends.
- Provide information about techniques and products.
- Follow up inquiries about goods and services. Maintain customer information utilizing approved information tools and technologies such as the company's Customer Relationship Software (Salesforce.com).
- Timely updates to opportunity funnel and weekly forecast updates and healthy funnel management through continual prospecting efforts are important.
Cultivate partnerships with customers and other suppliers to solve customer problems.
- Facilitate solving customer problems through training, information and recommendation of solutions. Knowledge of competitive offerings.
- Maintain technical selling capability to function in a consultative role for the customer.
Job Requirements :
- Sales Skills: 3-5 years sales experience required.
- Technical Skills: You will be required to have an understanding of Next Generation Sequencing and related products but will be supported by a local application specialist.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills required enabling you to tailor your style and content depending on the customer base/position. We are looking for a candidate who will be enthusiastic not only with customers but also when working with colleagues.
- Team Skills: You will be part of the UK / Ireland Team who support each other by sharing positive experiences, success stories, technical know-how and account knowledge. Work within a platform where we provide feedback to colleagues on industry trends, customers growth opportunities
- Business & Organization Knowledge: It will be necessary to create a territory plan, a business plan and a plan of key accounts. Highlighting how you will retain and grow existing customer and how you will generate new business within the territory.
- Change Management: The market place is an evolving arena which requires Perkin Elmer to be flexible in its structure and organisation in order to be successful, this sometimes means that we have to modify roles to suit – you will be expected to facilitate and embrace this change
- Candidates based in North London will be ideally located to cover the UK South territory.
- A degree or equivalent in life sciences or related subject.
- Command of English language, written and oral.
- Good presentation, communication and inter-personal skills including negotiation skills
- Numerate and competent with detail and analysis
- Full UK driving licence
- Prepared to travel throughout the territory regularly and occasionally to Head Office in Bucks. Core customers are based between Cambridge and London, so candidates living on territory will be preferred.
- % of Travel Required : 60-70%
% of Travel Required : 60-70%
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Meet Some of PerkinElmer's Employees
Director of Medical & Clinical Affairs, ViaCord
Kate manages PerkinElmer’s regenerative medicine program as part of ViaCord, which offers families umbilical cord and tissue banking.
Back to top