Senior Technical Recruiter
BUILD OUR ENGINEERING TEAM.
Periscope Data’s mission is to ensure every candidate who walks through our doors leaves loving our company, product and people as much as we do. As our first Senior Technical Recruiter, and the face of the company to the technical community, you will own building out our engineering team against our aggressive 2017 goals, drive a premier candidate experience, create process improvements and add value to the talent function overall by driving culture initiatives.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TALENT TEAM:
Periscope’s engineering team is a small of full-stack developers who care deeply about the code and empower SQL developers in the enterprise market. They code using a modern and diverse tech stack and ship code several times a day to more than 650 customers.
Our Head of Talent made her first hire before her first day at Periscope Data! She has a background in technical and diversity recruiting and built the global talent team at her last company and scaled out the coordinating, sourcing and recruiting function. In a nutshell, she’s seen the movie before and looks to do it all over again at Periscope Data.
You’ll be surrounded by a team that loves what they do, and recognizes the enormous responsibility that they have - with every hire we bring into the company, we are changing the lives of our employees and their key stakeholders.
HOW YOU’LL RAMP:
Within your first week...
- You’ll speak with every engineer and understand the problems they’re solving, why they joined our company and what keeps them here.
- You’ll also shadow technical interviews to calibrate on the hiring bar.
By Day 30...
- You’ve developed a complete understanding of our business model, recruiting process and how to pitch Periscope Data to candidates.
- You’ll know what makes the next great Periscope employee! You’re sourcing passive candidates on LinkedIn Recruiter and other channels.
- You’ve made your first placement!
- You mastered our internal process with little supervision from our Head of Talent and you are the subject matter expert for all technical recruitment queries and concerns.
- You’ll familiarize yourself with Greenhouse reporting and use Periscope to pull recruiting funnel reports. Data drives us and we use it to identify our weak spots.
- You’ll report your pipeline analysis to senior leadership as necessary
- You’ve built a consistent and healthy pipeline of technical candidates and you’re at pace with our 2017 hiring plan.
- You’ll begin launching improvements for our current/evolving recruiting processes and employment branding. Your observation of our processes should initiate scalable change to our recruitment strategy.
WHAT YOU’VE ACCOMPLISHED… SO FAR:
- You’ve placed more than 40 full time engineers in the competitive San Francisco Bay Area market.
- The bulk of your placements have come from passive recruitment strategies.
- You’ve built a network of talented engineers and you’ve maintained strong relationships with them.
- You have countless examples of making things better and you’ve measured them.
- You must have organization in your life, otherwise you can’t sleep.
- You’ve made mistakes in your previous roles, and won’t repeat them here.
- You need to align yourself with a company’s goal and you want to contribute.
Meet Some of Periscope Data's Employees
Customer Solutions Manager
Sunny is at the intersection of customer service and engineering—responding to inquiries about Periscope via email and Twitter while implementing the latest data visualization frameworks.
Back to top