Marketing Operations Manager
OWN, BUILD AND SCALE OUR MISSION CRITICAL MARKETING SYSTEMS.
Periscope’s marketing mission is to develop our brand, increase leads and build a world-class technical marketing engine. As our first Marketing Operations manager, you will own our most important marketing system, Hubspot and work closely with cross-functional teams to manage our email programs, inbound lead flow, and lead scoring. You will also work closely with our Analytics team on dashboards and tracking, including improving our use of Google Analytics. This is a unique opportunity to build the definitely brand for data scientists, a new audience that has never been marketed to before. As 2017 unfolds, you will also help in identifying, acquiring, and implementing new systems we need to invest in.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR MARKETING TEAM:
Periscope’s VP of Marketing has a data-driven background that matches your experience and knowledge. He has led successful advertising, demand, and marketing operations teams at Salesforce, Zendesk and most recently Slack. This is a great opportunity to join an experienced B2B marketing team.
Being a data driven company, we use our own product to evaluate the ROI of our campaigns. We also work very closely with our Analytics and Business Engineering teams. The opportunity to join the “founding” marketing team doesn’t present itself often -- build the systems, the brand and the voice from the ground up.
HOW YOU’LL RAMP:
Within your first week...
- You’ll spend time with our Marketing, Sales, and Business Engineering teams and get familiar with our systems and processes. You’ll use information gathered to construct a plan for your first 90 days at Periscope.
By Day 30...
- You will be confidently managing all aspects of Hubspot, leading a cross-functional effort to implement Hubspot.
- Write a roadmap of improvements and upgrades we can make to Google Analytics.
- You’re working with your customers on the Marketing team to outline dashboards and reports and you’re working with our Analytics team to administer.
- You’ve documented our evolving inbound lead flow and have made lead scoring upgrades if necessary.
- You’ve migrated all email flows into Hubspot and are working with our Sales, Marketing, and Product teams on building a comprehensive email program at Periscope.
- By now you’re a Periscope old-timer. You have a roadmap of improvements to current marketing systems you want to make and a roadmap of technologies we will need to invest in over the coming year.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own and manage Hubspot, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager for the marketing team. Identify and administer new marketing systems when necessary.
- Manage our inbound lead flow and lead scoring programs.
- Work cross-functionally across Periscope to build and manage a modern email program.
- Work with the Periscope Analytics team to build marketing reports and dashboards in Periscope.
- Experience implementing a marketing automation system and managing the flow of data with Salesforce. Hubspot experience a plus.
- You are systems oriented, and have experience working with cross-functional teams on system integrations.
- Comfortable working with Google Analytics and have a strong understanding of how website tagging works.
- Analytical and data-driven. You enjoy creating reports and dashboards. SQL proficiency desired.
- We're a small, venture-funded team with hundreds of customers working out of a warehouse in the Dogpatch.
- We're a kind, curious, tight-knit bunch. We eat together, toast our shared accomplishments together, and often spend holidays and ski trips together.
- We are on-boarding rapidly! The team grew from 5 to 20 in 2015, and will grow to 80 and beyond in 2016.
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We have close relationships with our customers. We see customers several times a month, and email with them several times a week.
Meet Some of Periscope Data's Employees
Customer Solutions Manager
Sunny is at the intersection of customer service and engineering—responding to inquiries about Periscope via email and Twitter while implementing the latest data visualization frameworks.
Back to top