Digital Marketing Manager
SCALE OUR DIGITAL MARKETING CAMPAIGNS AND OPTIMIZE PERFORMANCE
Periscope Data is a fast growing, data driven company that depends on proven results in every aspect of the business. As a Digital Marketing Manager you will be responsible for driving leads and growth through digital marketing channels. This role will influence our advertising channel strategy and how we invest our marketing budget.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR MARKETING TEAM:
We are running quickly and want someone who is able to keep up as well as juggle different disciplines at once. What this means for you is that you’ll be able to interface with, and understand, the functions other teams are fulfilling here. If you want to be able to work with designers, engineers, and sales teams to reach your outcomes we can provide the fast-moving and friendly environment that breaks out of the performance marketing bubble. We’re all here to accomplish the same goal and your role is just as important to everyone as theirs are to you.
Our VP of Marketing has a data-driven background that matches your experience and knowledge. He has led successful advertising and operations teams at Zendesk and most recently Slack. This is a great opportunity to join an experienced B2B marketing team.
Our Digital Marketing Lead got his start in agency life and eventually moved in-house to a rapidly growing company where he built a multi-disciplinary program. He joined Periscope Data to help drive awareness and get the product into the hands of Data Analysts everywhere.
HOW YOU’LL RAMP:
Within your first week...
- You’ll immediately have digital marketing growth ideas as you become familiar with what we offer analysts.
By Day 30...
- You’ll have media and testing plans for various channels alongside the Digital Marketing Lead. Be prepared to test and track!
- You will be testing ad copy that you have written in ad buys that you have negotiated to maximize profitability
- You’ll have planned, coordinated and executed marketing initiatives across all digital channels: Paid social media, paid search, display ad networks, display retargeting, and email remarketing.
- You’ll have implemented incremental expansion versions of your day 30 tests, pushing performance further.
- You will have implemented an outbound marketing campaign to a well-defined audience.
- You’ll have integrated with the Data Team and be able to request insightful reports for the rest of the team to monitor.
- You’ll set and manage campaign budgets and bidding strategies that result in a lean, scalable demand-gen machine, which will rapidly increase our qualified lead flow.
- You’re able to point to provable lead growth as the direct result of your campaign optimizations.
- You’ll have a repeatable process that fits the needs of Periscope Data’s growing marketing program. Anyone should be able to jump in and follow your strategy and process.
- You will have detailed media plans to grow our leads and penetrate new channels where we do not have presence.
- You will work with the data team and the Digital Marketing Lead to implement an internal attribution model.
- You will have a content delivery campaign in the wild, reaching data analysts on a global scale.
- 3+ years of digital marketing, media planning, and buying experience, including digital and social media (B2B SaaS preferred)
- Past experience with web analytics, A/B testing, email remarketing, social and display media buying (Facebook / GDN), search engine marketing (SEM), and other inbound marketing tactics.
- You’ve created productive campaigns by synthesizing the data from your work and other teams.
- We're a small, venture-funded team with hundreds of customers working out of a warehouse in the Dogpatch.
- We're a kind, curious, tight-knit bunch. We eat together, toast our shared accomplishments together, and often spend holidays and ski trips together.
- We are on-boarding rapidly! The team grew from 5 to 20 in 2015, and will grow to 80 and beyond in 2016.
- We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do. We're constantly measuring and optimizing everything about the business.
- We have close relationships with our customers. We see customers several times a month, and email with them several times a week.
Back to top