Perfect Sense is a full-service product company that capitalizes on its enterprise digital application development platform, Brightspot, to drive innovations in web and mobile development for corporations worldwide. Perfect Sense originally created and now actively supports the Brightspot platform, which powers dynamic and highly engaging consumer experiences.
Do you want to work hard alongside talented engineers and product experts every day' Do you excel when you’re smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan' Do you actually want to like your clients and coworkers'
Perfect Sense is a collective group of smart, dedicated professionals with expertise in developing and deploying large-scale consumer digital experiences. We provide innovative software solutions and solve complex business challenges for some of the biggest brands in the world.
We’re seeking a Technical Writer to lead our efforts to create and manage technical documentation for all Brightspot products and produce quality documents for our clients and partners. Our technical writers must communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon.
As a technical writer for engineering and editorial content, your role involves tasks such as writing publishing guides, conceptual overviews and procedures, writing code walkthroughs, documenting APIs, creating reference materials, or updating existing documents. The language for the platform is Java, and knowledge of it is required.
You will also be managing a large number of documentation sets, working alongside engineers to write content, and researching information from various sources, including the source code.
- Learn complex technical information and create well-written technical documentation for Brightspot and Dari, such as architectural overviews, tutorials for editors and software developers, debugging guides, API programming guides, and more.
- Manage large and complex documentation projects, collaborate with engineers to create content, and drive a culture of documentation in various engineering teams.
- Edit documents written by others.
- Respond to technical questions from the community and internal engineers about the subject matter that you documented.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent professional technical writing experience.
- 5+ years of experience writing commercial web platform/software documentation. Experience working with publishing products is a plus.
- Ability to describe complex and technical topics clearly and accurately in a way that is appropriate for the target audience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks with conflicting deadlines to ensure on-time completion.
- You are persistent and resourceful. You are not satisfied to simply rephrase use cases and specs. Rather, you verify how the products actually work and provide appropriate and useful documentation.
- You are drawn to technical subjects and enjoy digging in and learning more. You enjoy talking to developers about software. You might even have specific web, internet, database, network, or programming domain knowledge.
- You have a holistic approach to writing that includes thinking about how the documentation will be accessed and used on the web. You are committed to creating useful and beautiful documentation.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) candidates highly preferred.
- Computer science background or web software development experience a plus.
- Aptitude to learn new web technologies quickly, and then synthesize your learning to explain to others.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously improve the documentation process to ensure quality.
- Proven teamwork skills and flexibility.
Back to top