Senior DevOps Engineer
Perfect Sense is a full-service product company that capitalizes on its enterprise digital application development platform, Brightspot, to drive innovations in web and mobile development for corporations worldwide. Perfect Sense originally created and now actively supports the Brightspot platform, which powers dynamic and highly engaging consumer experiences.
Perfect Sense is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team of DevOps Engineers administrators and work onsite in our Reston, VA office.
Our engineers practice a hybrid of System Administration, Configuration/Release Management, and Systems Integration. At Perfect Sense, it’s not just about supporting software releases, it’s about departmental collaboration to bring a success to our clients. This involves participation in company-wide strategic initiatives, diving deeper into complex engineering environments and finding solutions to tough problems.
- Implement and manage multi-server deployments in AWS, Rackspace Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Collaborate with development teams to deploy new code to production environments
- Maintain and improve monitoring systems and alarms for production environments, using Zabbix, Pingdom, ElasticSearch and Graylog
- Set up back-up mechanisms for production environment and test disaster recovery mechanisms
- Mentor and train junior DevOps engineers
- Manage incident response with other engineers and clients
- Participate in rotating 24/7 on-call schedules with team members
- Extensive experience as a systems administrator in a Unix environment. (Linux, Ubuntu, Redhat)
- 7 – 10 years experience combining Development and Operational Administration
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to work in a client facing role
- Outstanding problem-solving skills in situations with tricky technical situations
We are looking for experience in the following areas:
- In-depth knowledge of an infrastructure automation framework. We use Chef, but if you have Puppet, or Ansible and would like to learn Chef, that would work as well
- Proficiency in Python and shell scripting
- Experience setting up and managing Databases - MySQL preferred
- Experience setting up and managing Tomcat, Apache, and/or Solr
- Knowledge and experience of typical build and release management processes, including continuous integration packages such as Hudson or Jenkins
- Knowledge and experience of Zabbix and Pingdom
- Knowledge and experience of ElasticSearch and Graylog for log management.
LOCATION Reston, VA
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top