Performance Quality Engineer
Perfect Sense is a full-service product company that capitalizes on its enterprise digital application development platform, Brightspot, to drive innovations in web and mobile development for corporations worldwide. Perfect Sense originally created and now actively supports the Brightspot platform, which powers dynamic and highly engaging consumer experiences.
We're looking for experienced QA engineers, who are passionate for their work, to test next-generation interactive online media experiences. Candidates will be responsible for end-to-end testing of web sites and web service applications, and for specifying, designing, implementing, and running automated tests.
- Performs various facets of testing on assigned projects, including but not limited to functional, regression, smoke, load, performance.
- Participates in design and code reviews as appropriate.
- Owns tasks in test plan development and automation testing.
- Sets up and builds out an enterprise performance test/load framework to be utilized for all projects.
- Takes ownership and builds the proper performance/load test scenarios from scratch.
- Analyzes performance test results and identifies bottlenecks of web applications.
- Collaborates with other team members or acts individually to resolve problems and complete projects.
- Installs code into QA environment and maintains environmental integrity.
- Works directly with development and system administrators in troubleshooting problems.
- Supports production code installs as appropriate.
- Meets and adapts to changing deadlines.
- Understands team’s strategy and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- 3 - 7 years of experience testing consumer-facing web sites and Content Management Systems.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and technical testing skills.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Should be well-organized, a quick self-learner, highly focused, and able to own a task through to completion.
- Experience using a defect tracking system and writing bugs that anticipate the needs for resolution.
- Ability to write test plans and test cases for new and existing products, with good understanding of project life cycle.
- Ability to multi-task and handle managing assignments on multiple projects.
- Testing experience with Apache/Tomcat applications, including performing basic operations as start/stop, etc.
- Experience with automation/scripting tools (Selenium WebDriver, Ruby, Shell Scripting, etc.) is a plus.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience using performance/load testing tools (Siege, JMeter, webpagetest, etc.).
- Must have experience setting up and building an enterprise performance test framework.
- Deep knowledge of how web applications work over HTTP protocol.
- Solid mobile testing experience with iOS and Android and can perform basic troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of integrating performance frameworks with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Travis CI, etc.
LOCATION Reston, VA
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top