IT Senior Manager, eCommerce Platform
- Plano, TX
Auto req ID: 215143BR
Come help us lead the digital transformation here at PepsiCo: a dynamic environment with cutting edge technologies. Where winning with purpose matched with a passion for creating products and programs of lasting value are expected and rewarded.
PepsiCo has an aggressive goal to increase the share of product sales and revenue via B2B and B2C eCommerce channels. In support of this goal PepsiCo has embarked on a modernization journey by building a microservices-based commerce integration hub to enable product information management(catalog), integration with a variety of eCommerce partners and third-party logistics companies, provide real-time visibility to product inventory and stock levels, allow for flexible orchestration and tracking of product fulfilment.
PepsiCo has a great opportunity for a Senior Manager of Commerce Platform. This is an excellent chance to make a difference in one of the world's largest and most data-driven CPGs and make an impact on the company's success by overseeing and being directly involved in the full cycle of Commerce Platform development. You'll play a crucial role in shaping the future of our eBusiness Technology Platform by leading a team of crazy-talented architect, developers and a variety of other roles in a startup-like development environment while working with large-scale e-commerce systems, large numbers of online transactions and multiple complex vendor integrations.
We are looking for a versatile hands-on leader who brings along Product Management, Enterprise Software Development background, and experience of developing solutions in an agile environment.
Your team of developers, architects will collaborate with Engineering, Marketing, UX design, Operations, and Project Management teams as well as other key company stakeholders in order to set priorities, plan, execute, and build a strategy for the expansion of our Commerce Platform. As a Senior Manager of Commerce Platform Product Management, you will work closely with various groups inside and out to make sure that each product's strategy matches the overall strategy for our company.
The role is highly cross-functional and will require coordination with several departments such as PLMs, Marketing, Operations, Finance, and others. This role conducts a wide range of business analysis, defines and communicates the appropriate metrics that are needed to accurately and objectively measure business performance and execute on the company's goals. This hands-on management role will challenge the candidate to understand and contribute to many facets of the company including software development, business analytics, data management, vendor integrations, and many other aspects of our Commerce platform development.
If you like working in an entrepreneurial environment while at the same time having the backing and resources of a large fortune 50 company, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you. You will be rewarded with an explosive growth opportunity as we forge the platform to power PepsiCo's digital transformation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directing and overseeing high level strategic and tactical decisions for the prioritization of expansion and development of our Commerce platform
- Articulate business and customer value to the development team and use it to guide prioritization. On the development roadmap for our commerce Technology platform
- Work with our Product Owners and Business Stakeholders to define the scope and goals of products and features
- Work together with our team of experienced Architects and developers, exploring user needs and understanding how they can be best translated into new iterations of current or new features for Commerce platform
- Actively participate and often manage backlog refinement, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
- Act as a mentor to developers, architects and other team members in agile best practice, process, and tactical work.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field required, preferably in IT, computer science, or another technology-focused field, or equivalent experience. Master's Degree a plus
- 10+ years of managerial experience
- 5+ years of Architect/Developer experience, with an emphasis on E-commerce and/or vendor integrations/data feed management
- 5+ years of full-time experience managing the implementation and strategy, and roadmap of key business initiatives, marketing, user experience, or eCommerce projects
- Deep understanding of eCommerce, Supply Chain Management, and Online Marketing
- Highly effective collaboration and consensus-building skills, working across cross-functional organizations
- Experience gathering requirements and translating into user stories and acceptance criteria
- Excellent analytical skills and a proven ability to understand and clearly explain the technology
- Experience with multiple enterprise-level project tracking software
- Direct experience working in an Agile product development environment with a detailed understanding of the role of the Product Owner
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
Back to top