Food and Safety Manager
- Seymour, IN
Auto req ID: 201191BR
The Food Safety Manager is responsible for overall "Audit Readiness at all Times". This position will lead the plant in GMP accountability. The role has a site-wide impact as the owner of Food Safety Systems.
- Responsible for GMP Program and plant audit readiness at all times
- FSMA training and corrective actions for any PC gaps
- Preparation for FSSC, AIB, and FDA audits
- Management of the Sanitation Team including schedule, performance and training
- Responsible for people and team development, sanitation performance and results, cost, service, and safety
- Develop individuals and the team to solve operational issues
- Organize and facilitate team meetings to achieve a continuous improvement process
- Develop team and solve day-to-day issues to reach short and long term performance goals
- Communicate cross-functionality to assist the team to solve issues
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples, pre-shift, roundtables etc)
- Develop MSS and assignments for the team, follow up on any gaps
- CIP and Microbiological results
- Food safety audit results
- Lead Food Safety Team Meetings
- Member of Plant Steering Team
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in sciences or business
- Working knowledge of FSMA requirements
- Knowledge of Global Food Safety Initiative (AIB/FSSC/FDA standards)
- HACCP certified is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Project management skills
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
Meet Some of PepsiCo's Employees
Jody S.Principal Packaging Engineer, R&D
Jody researches and develops new packaging concepts for PepsiCo. Her career experience has awarded her the opportunity to lead sustainable packaging initiatives, such as switching Aquafina from plastic bottles to cans.
Eric H.Head of Data Science and Analytics
Eric has built a team of data scientists at PepsiCo that’s working to solve fascinating business challenges. He harnesses their expertise to deliver growth for the company, while putting in place development plans to enable each individual’s professional advancement.
Back to top