eCom Senior Data Scientist
- New York, NY
Auto req ID: 213982BR
eCommerce Senior Data Scientist
Put the Power of Data to Work.
Our Data Science & Analytics team at PepsiCo influences every aspect of how we sell and move our products, defining the data science roadmap across multiple groups and ensuring timely delivery of projects committed against that roadmap.
Whether it's employing matrix decomposition techniques or leveraging Google TensorFlow to advance sales forecasting, our team's mathematical genius and discipline enables business value and strategic decisioning across our businesses.
In fact, PepsiCo has been laser focused on meeting consumer needs and winning in the marketplace. Investing in eCommerce, digital capabilities and talent has been a huge part of that effort, with $3 billion in retail sales projected for the rest of this year.
With a team of more than 250 associates and offices in Manhattan, Chicago, Plano, and Silicon Valley, we're working to unleash the full potential of automation, data science, and machine learning to challenge the way snacks and beverages are sold every day.
We're looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our growing eCommerce team. When you join us, you'll build machine learning systems, uncover game-changing insights and use techniques like matrix decompositions, Fourier transforms, Fourier series, gradient descent and differentiable programming to shape and execute our global eCommerce growth agenda.
In this role as an eCom Senior Data Scientist you will have several distinct responsibilities and priorities:
What PepsiCo Data Science & Analytics does:
- Data & Security - Building an efficient infrastructure and ETL pipeline to process Terabytes of data every day ensuring quality and eliminating duplication
- ROI Engine - An interpretable sales forecaster implemented in TensorFlow. We execute a distributed hyperparameter search, across thousands of instances, to select the most plausible explanatory models using a heuristic we've designed in collaboration with our business stakeholders. We love autodiff, linear algebra, and domain-knowledge based regularization.
- Data Platform - Comprised of multiple layers in the cloud to help aggregate, sort and store information from both internal sources and external vendors. We are regularly implementing new tools/methodologies to help empower our data engineering efforts.
- Marketing Automation - Empowering our Marketing team by enabling them to execute and automate a large number of marketing campaigns in our many customer retail platforms (i.e., Instacart, Amazon, Walmart, etc.).
- Work with the larger data science team to analyze large data sets and develop custom models/algorithms to uncover trends, patterns and insights
- Write clean, organized machine learning code using standard software engineering methodologies
- Provide critical thought leadership to enhance organizational capabilities by utilizing big and small data; work with DSA team members to identify and execute on opportunities for enhancement
- Master's Degree in Data Science or equivalent
- Development experience in Python, Java, C or equivalent programming language
- Experience and or familiarity NumPy, Pandas, Pytorch, PostgresSQL, MSSQL, MySQL
- Experience using Tensorflow to design custom deep learning systems
- Expert in mathematical models underlying data science methods, understanding the trade-offs between different solutions
- Experience in designing systems to solve business problems
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and concisely communicate with both business and technical audiences
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
Back to top