Control & Reporting Senior Analyst
- Purchase, NY
Auto req ID: 205247BR
PepsiCo is currently looking for a Control and Reporting Senior Analyst to join our Debt and Derivative Accounting Center of Excellence (COE) in Purchase, New York. This role will report directly to our COE Senior Manager.
This role will sit within Corporate Control, and work closely with other teams, including Domestic and International PepsiCo Divisional Control, Treasury and External Reporting. The right individual will have a positive impact through working collaboratively, identifying and implementing process improvements, and leveraging technology, such as robotics where possible. This is an opportunity to join a central team that has a key role in managing foreign exchange, commodity, and interest rate risk at PepsiCo, with great exposure to senior leadership.
The ideal candidate will have a strong accounting knowledge base, outstanding attention to detail, strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, a great attitude, and a strong teamwork ethic. Derivative accounting experience is not required, as training will be provided.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Prepare periodic accounting close entries and related reporting for commodity, foreign exchange, interest rate and cross-currency swap hedging programs
- Communicate with the divisions on a regular basis regarding derivative activity
- Perform ad hoc analysis on reconciling items, working with other teams to identify and resolve issues
- Assist in the implementation of new commodity and foreign exchange derivative programs in accounting software (Reval)
- Prepare initial documentation for qualifying hedge accounting programs
- Perform quarterly hedge effectiveness testing and broker reconciliations
- Ensure effective internal SOX control procedures are in place and operating effectively. Perform SOX testing
- Prepare quarterly and annual footnotes for 10-Q and 10-K reporting in external reporting software (Workiva)
- On a quarterly basis present analysis of results to the Senior Director and Vice President
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 3 + years of experience in Accounting/Auditing
- Big 4 accounting experience
- Derivatives accounting experience is not required as training will be provided
- Flexible, creative, resourceful, self-motivated with a desire for self-improvement
- Interest in process improvement and exploring new technology tools for efficiencies
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining high levels of accuracy
- Highly motivated and able to work with a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
Meet Some of PepsiCo's Employees
Jody S.Principal Packaging Engineer, R&D
Jody researches and develops new packaging concepts for PepsiCo. Her career experience has awarded her the opportunity to lead sustainable packaging initiatives, such as switching Aquafina from plastic bottles to cans.
Eric H.Head of Data Science and Analytics
Eric has built a team of data scientists at PepsiCo that’s working to solve fascinating business challenges. He harnesses their expertise to deliver growth for the company, while putting in place development plans to enable each individual’s professional advancement.
Back to top