Cloud Application Migration Specialist
- Plano, TX
Auto req ID: 220160BR
Cloud Application Migration Specialist
The Cloud Application Migration Specialist will focus on migrating on-premise applications to the cloud in a methodical, agile way that enables migration at the scale and speed required to enable our digital transformation. You will lead cloud migration projects spanning multiple business units/sectors while ensuring a seamless transition from an on-prem to cloud operating environment.
- Work with relevant sector leaders to define and create sector-specific application migration plans
- Define and follow the migration playbook with emphasis on capturing the advantages of operating in the cloud for migrated applications
- Partner with Cloud Engineering, Cloud Ops, and other teams in executing migration projects to ensure minimal risk and business disruption
- Provide deep cloud migration expertise covering infrastructure, application architectures, cloud capabilities, security, etc.
- In partnership with sector teams, review and identify candidate applications for cloud migration based on pre-defined application rationalization output of categorized applications
- Lead the discovery and assessment of on-prem application workloads to inform detailed migration planning
- Define appropriate migration strategy for each application (Rehost, Refactor, Rearchitect, etc.) while considering the cost and complexity of the various options
- Work with other stakeholders to define and build the business case for cloud application migration by business unit/sector
- Lead the overall migration projects per business unit/sector
- Ensure migrated applications comply with required security and controls requirements
- Communicate cloud migration program health to key stakeholders including senior leadership as needed
- Define and measure relevant cloud application migration KPIs to ensure overall program health across budget, infrastructure currency, migration efficiency, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field
- 6+ years of relevant experience in cloud Infrastructure principles and methodologies with at least five years of experience supporting application development and software engineering functions
- One or more Public Cloud certifications (Azure or AWS)
- Experience leading cloud migration projects with increasing levels of accountability covering Enterprise-grade applications including SAP and other business-critical applications
- Experience leading Agile and Hybrid development and deployment projects
- Experience with configuration, migration, and deployment experience related to Azure or AWS IaaS/PaaS Technologies
- Experience working in a multi-cloud environment with demonstrated experience leading cloud deployment projects (including cloud-native development and migration)
- Experience managing container orchestration tools such as PCF, Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker swarm or equivalent
- Solid understanding of Containerization and Virtualization technologies such as VMWare, docker
- Solid understanding of networking concepts (BGP, DNS, Load Balancing, firewall and core Internet), including CDN
- Experience working with Azure DevOps or similar tools for tracking, developing, deploying software
- Adept at dealing with ambiguity and working in a matrix environment
- Ability to take ownership and drive cloud application migration projects independently
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
Back to top