Category Director - Beverages, West Division
- Irvine, CA
Auto req ID: 215124BR
We are PepsiCo Sales. We are game changers, mountain movers and history makers. We are a diverse group, spread among 200 countries and united by a shared set of values and goals. That's why we Perform with Purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and never settle for second best. At PepsiCo, we're committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, to strengthen the company as a whole. Are you hungry to be a part of the World's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
The Category Director is responsible for leading the category management consultancy with our Retail customers in PBNA's West Division, as well as setting the standards of merchandising and execution for the Division. She/He will have a total team of 14 direct reports including two space managers, so having strong managerial experience will be essential for consideration for this role. She/He will be distinguished as a thought leader and provide recommendations on category management strategies and tactics to accelerate both category growth and maximize the growth potential across the PepsiCo portfolio. She/He will possess excellent customer management skills, be comfortable navigating ambiguity to define a clear direction on strategic projects and skilled at gaining alignment on strategic initiatives with customers. She/He will have well developed cross-functional collaboration skills, and partner to leverage cross-functional resources to shape and deliver an insights-driven category growth agenda.
The Director will collaborate closely with sales leadership and cross-functional team members to develop and deliver category management expertise to customers' overall category management process and develop standards and space schematic recommendations to achieve our combined topline goals. The leader in this role will work with our sales leadership and have an opportunity to build a broad business perspective and network of relationships across the organization while working on a tight-knit and high performing team. This is an ideal role for someone interested in having a significant impact on the business while also elevating the overall capabilities and visibility of space & category management team.
The Director will have the opportunity to lead how we unlock demand at a more granular level leveraging PepsiCo's suite of proprietary tools and multiple data sources. Collaboration, customer development skills and thought leadership are at a premium in this role as well as the ability to lead across the organization from a position of influence. It will be important for this leader to also be efficiency-oriented and have strong project management skills. It will be beneficial for this leader to have a process orientation to optimize our resources for the greatest commercial return and scale our space transformation initiatives with efficiency. The leader in this role will work with our BU's and DX leaders so is an excellent role for building a broad business perspective and network of relationships across the organization while working on a tight-knit and high performing team. This is an outstanding leadership opportunity to affect transformational change and drive growth through space transformation.
This role can be located in Irvine (CA), Denver (CO), or Phoenix (AZ).
• Deliver fact-based selling initiatives to drive sales growth and profit.
• Lead development of customer category strategy planning and delivery.
• Build and maintain long-term relationships with our customers through superior objective insight development and presentation.
• Maintain frequent, clear and open communication within and among cross-functional teams regarding projects, insights and/or company issues.
- Lead divisional category management teams.
- Lead category management and space/merchandising/insight initiatives for the Division.
- Coach, direct and support managers/analysts in regards to project and insight development.
- Cultivate high-performance culture with continual training and development of team members to enhance business knowledge, analytical skills and tool usage.
- Conduct detailed analysis and reporting, utilizing the appropriate information resources.
- Support field sales team by delivering insights and analysis capabilities on product and category reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Advanced Degree, preferred
- 5+ years of category management or syndicated data experience
- 10+ years' experience in analyzing and interpreting data and team/project management experience or CPG sales
- 5+ years of management experience
- Strong leadership skills: the ability to direct activities of individual team members towards goals
- Strong analytical skills: the ability to link strategies and objectives to develop a plan, ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex data
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to send and receive information clearly and concisely
- Strong teamwork skills: possess exceptional group facilitation skills
- Strong planning/organizing skills: capable of managing major projects simultaneously
- Able to establish and attain high standards for self and team; able to make decisions and solve problems
- Strong technical acumen preferred
- Superior presentation skills, both in the development of compelling stories and in presenting them at all levels within customer and internal organization
- Critical thinking and strategic acumen - demonstrated thought leadership and the ability to link strategies and objectives to develop an executable plan
- Need thorough understanding and exposure to Space Management and relevant software (e.g. JDA ProSpace)
- JDA Software experience preferred but not mandatory
- Must be willing and able to travel 30-40% of the time
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Relocation Eligible: Eligible for Standard Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
Back to top