Capital Projects Engineer
- Arlington, TX
Auto req ID: 193159BR
PepsiCo, a leader in the food and beverage industry, has an opening for a Supply Chain Sr. Engineer responsible for delivering key capital projects including project budgeting, execution, commissioning and final handover. Activities include support of Capital AOP project development, project submittals and monthly cash flow. This role has a direct impact on Capex Spend of $3MM average per year. The incumbent will ensure that projects are delivered by regulatory controls, PepsiCo policies and standards.
- Lead individual projects and site initiatives to ensure timely implementation of the site Engineering & Capital Project Portfolio
- Work closely with the Site Engineering and Leadership teams to ensure successful completion and handover of projects
- Lead & support Project teams to ensure safe & effective execution of each phase of project implementation and provide technical support to project teams to ensure technically best practice solutions
- Ensure all engineering Projects are designed and executed by best-practice project management principles, from concept to completion including business case preparation, analysis and delivery
- Responsible for management of project budgets, ensuring costs are controlled and efficiencies optimized
- Demonstrate project leadership, interpersonal skills and effective communication
- Influence management decisions to implement optimum solutions
- Adhere to all PepsiCo Health & Safety Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Process or Mechanical Engineering (alternative qualifications to degree level will be considered depending on experience)
- 8+ years of experience in engineering with extensive capital project management experience
- Extensive experience of:
- Process plant technical standards & regulatory compliance requirements
- Project management standards, safety systems, project & construction safety, process & operational hazard assessment, process automation
- Capital procurement, contract development, supplier negotiation & development.
- Mechanical Design and AutoCad Drafting
- Knowledge of & capability in process improvement, lean six sigma tools would be advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills; proficient communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with, motivate & actualize employees at all levels of the organization in an international arena
- Ability to analyze & process high volumes of information, manage multiple priorities promptly; with precise attention to detail; a high degree of accuracy & extensive problem-solving experience
- Proven ability to translate complex projects to succinct business messages, gaining engagement and endorsement from business stakeholders
- Previous experience and knowledge of equipment used in the food and beverage industry to include: Packaging, Filling, Batching, CIP, Liquids and Dry Material handling, Plant Utilities
- Experience working with local government and regulatory agencies
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
Back to top