Team Lead - Princeton, NJ
Presently collecting resumes only
Job Title: Team Lead
Reports To: Client Manager
Status: Full Time -Salaried, Exempt
Location: Princeton, NJ
To Apply: www.peppromotions.com
Who we are:
We are passionate and dedicated campaign managers, who have been trusted for over 13 years with the execution and ultimate success of our clients' campaign strategies. pep is the marketing operations expert; we are the best in the world at the finer details. We will execute our client's big idea, and we will do it better than anyone else. We couldn't do this without our people, though. Our campaign managers execute promotions with excellence . We win, and we celebrate our wins. You will learn, you will grow, and you will be strengthened by a team of people just as hardworking as you. We will challenge you, but our people are always up for the challenge.
Who you are:
You lead through example. Your discipline allows you to balance a project workload and the management of your team. With an approachable nature and exceptional communication skills, it is easy for you to build relationships with the client and within pep. You are a mentor, and are focused on helping each team member reach his or her goals.
Motivated to further extend our operational expertise, you are always asking yourself, "How else can we help the client?" You are not comfortable unless you feel that you are doing everything in your power to help both pep and your team members grow. The work is fast-paced, and you know that this requires collaboration and efficiency. You work incredibly hard with the passion to match it. Most importantly, though, you are smiling while reading this because you know you're up for the challenge.
What you'll do:
( This list of essential job functions does not cover every responsibility and may be expanded as needed)
- Knowledge of all tactical processes, timelines, and executional requirements
- Single point of contact for a group of brand squads
- Liaison between pep AE and client, to drive timely decisions and ensure complete program execution is seamless and flawless
- Facilitate recurring touchpoints with client to review high priority programs, next steps and planning for upcoming projects in the pipeline
- Work with client to ensure complete project details are defined and outlined in client briefing format
- Ensure all projects have complete briefs kept live throughout the life of the project
- Ensure all projects have complete and accurate timelines per timeline templates and vendor calendars
- Ensure team compliance to pre-established scope, processes, and client guidelines
- Provide results and lessons learned on delivered projects as an input to client for future planning
- Oversee quarterly PO reconciliations
- Oversee monthly financial/budget reports
- Communicate recommendations that allow customers to increase efficiencies and/or reduce cycle time on marketing promotions
- Assist in the establishment and development of processes/procedures
- Work with Pep team to identify opportunities to drive scale, efficiencies, and reduce redundancy.
- Identify process gaps and make recommendations to address
Leadership duties to be assigned over time within 3-6 months with readiness:
Personnel Management of Assigned Direct Reports Include:
- Attend leadership meetings
- Establish and maintain bi-weekly 1:1 meetings with each Direct Report in order to provide direct supervision and career guidance
- Maintain personnel file for each Direct Report
- Monitor and Report on Gap Tracker progress for each Direct Report
- Provide timely Performance Reviews for each Direct Report
- Communicate "Leadership by Committee" Concept: all AE's are led by all leaders
These lists of essential job functions does not cover every responsibility and may be expanded as needed.
The Team Lead oversees the following positions:
Account Coordinator, Account Executive, Sr. Account Executive
Team Lead Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) with a 2.8+ GPA from four-year college or university or three to five years related consumer promotions experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to excellently organize, manage time, and communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization
- Ability to demonstrate internal leadership and collaborate to deliver projects to clients with agreed upon scope
- Ability to mentor, grow, and work harmoniously as part of a larger team
- Ability to provide excellent people leadership to direct reports
The Team Lead should have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
The Team Lead should have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions provided in written, oral or diagram form. The Account Supervisor should have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform the Team Lead job successfully, an individual should have experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Typing skills should be a minimum of 55 wpm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*pep provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, pep complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
pep expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of pep's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Meet Some of Pep's Employees
Client Manager, P&G
Nicole seeks out new and profitable business opportunities for Pep’s biggest brands, overseeing operational efforts and ensuring excellent execution, as well as ultimate client satisfaction.
Back to top