Job Title: Staff Accountant (AR Focus)
Reports To: Accounting Supervisor
FLSA Status: Full Time - Salaried, Exempt
Summary: Owns the company's entire accounts receivable process
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compares AR Aging to Client systems to guarantee proper payment of invoices
- Verify that all revenue accounts are accurate
- Enter deposits daily
- Communicates with clients regarding invoice and payment inquiries
- Works closely with Accounting Clerk to ensure data accuracy
- Assists with various accounting duties such as the following - month-end closing procedures, general ledger entries, account reconciliations, budgeting/forecasting, accruals, audits, etc
- Works with project management team to resolve any promotion differences or payment issues.
- Assists in resolving accounting and financial problems and/or issues.
- Ensures complete and up-to-date operating procedures for all functions related to their position.
- Files all daily work as appropriate.
- Maintain required records, reports and files in an organized manner.
- Ensures all accounting file cabinets and sensitive information are properly locked each night
- Back up A/P when necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Four year accounting degree required. Previous A/R and A/P experience preferred. Demonstrated communication and organization skills, and computer literacy required. Hands-on experience with accounting systems required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Typing skills should be a minimum of 55 wpm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Meet Some of Pep's Employees
Client Manager, P&G
Nicole seeks out new and profitable business opportunities for Pep’s biggest brands, overseeing operational efforts and ensuring excellent execution, as well as ultimate client satisfaction.
Back to top