Job Title: Sourcing Specialist- Premiums
Reports To: Sourcing Lead
FLSA Status: Full Time - Salaried, Exempt
To Apply: www.peppromotions.com
Who is Pep: We are project management and procurement for marketing campaigns. We work with billion dollar brands to help them achieve their goals through various promotions such as digital coupons, in store displays, print, premiums, etc. Pep's world class project managers handle all of the detailed execution so that our clients can focus on the big picture! Our passion and our people make us the best in the world at managing timelines, budgets, and vendor coordination for promotional marketing projects. Looking for excellence? So are we!
Sourcing Specialist provides sourcing execution, operations and supplier management support to help ensure the success of the sourcing team. Entrepreneurial attitude, work ethic and analytical skills is a must along with the ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism across company disciplines, supply base and client relationships. The ability to multi-support and multi-task various team members, spends, systems, processes and sourcing tool is imperative to deliver against goals and strategies of the sourcing team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and execute strategic marketing sourcing strategies to deliver against goals and objectives
- Responsible for identifying, qualifying and implementing new supplier partners in the promotional industry that will meet sourcing goals and objectives
- Responsible for overall supplier relationship and performance management with supplier base to exceed sourcing goals, objectives and KPIs
- Administer and execute against the sourcing teams SOPs, systems and processes such as supplier registration/qualification, performance management and cost savings tracking
- Assist Sourcing Leads in the day to day sourcing/supplier operations
- Assist Sourcing Leads in various projects and initiatives
- Conduct new supplier research as well as RFI/RFP deployment and analysis
- This role may not be limited to only promotional sampling and event marketing and may expand to additional Sourcing Specialist responsibilities in the Market Services arena.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Experience in project management and supplier management in the marketing industry, especially in fulfillment and rebate programs
- 2-3 yrs experience working with premiums preferred but not mandatory
- Experience working with project management and e-sourcing web based solutions in your day to day management
- Extremely organized and communicate well with others across various divisions within the company
- Ability to multi-task and completed various projects and job responsibilities with limited direction.
- Collaborate and proactively meet with project managers, sourcing leads and process champions to improve and streamline processes that provide value and efficiency
- Able to deliver in an extremely fast paced environment and manage a high workload
- Independent worker, yet dedicated to team work, enthusiastic and energetic approach to work
Education and/or Experience
Candidate must have already obtained a Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 2-5 years with sourcing, estimating, project management or supplier management in the marketing industry.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel. Typing skills should be a minimum of 55 wpm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- pep provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, pep complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
pep expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of pep's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Meet Some of Pep's Employees
Client Manager, P&G
Nicole seeks out new and profitable business opportunities for Pep’s biggest brands, overseeing operational efforts and ensuring excellent execution, as well as ultimate client satisfaction.
Back to top