Senior Display Project Manager - Boston, MA
Job Title: Senior Display Solution Specialist
Reports To: Display 2.0 Leader
FLSA Status: Full Time - Salaried, Exempt
Senior Display Solution Specialist is a dual role focusing on the procurement and project management of POP displays. As a senior display solution specialist, you will be responsible for the campaign management from conception to final delivery for the assigned business unit. You will deliver against procurement strategies and goals as well as execute POP projects flawlessly. Entrepreneurial leadership, work ethic, relationship skills, project management and analytical skills are a must to drive value for our clients. The ability to consult with clients as well as building great supplier relationships and partnerships is imperative to deliver against goals and strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Execute with Excellence:
- Manage marketing campaigns from conception to completion
- Collaborate with client to assemble all necessary campaign specifications
- Effectively brief and work with approved supply pool to identify the best fit based on client KPIs
- Procure and price POP goods and services according to current strategies and establish new strategies when applicable
- Create and manage campaign timeline & communication
- Ensure that the campaign meets all legal and policy guidelines/requirements
- Manage campaign scope changes as needed while ensuring an on-time and on-budget execution
- In conjunction with supplier partners, provide client with recommendations for cost and/or time efficiencies
- Manage creation of all pep purchase orders and corresponding invoices
- Perform ongoing Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) to drive constancy and improvement over time
Maintain strong metrics in relation to:
- Cost Savings and innovation delivery to clients
- Error rate
- Individual project management metrics
- File closure
- Promo rating
- On-time and On-budget
- Individual client allocation spend growth
Client & Supplier Relationships:
- Build client relationships by providing extensive value and expertise within the POP display spend
- Build and grow collaborative relationships with supplier partners
- Work to be upstream with your client contacts so you are positioned to better drive POP strategy
- Conduct regular meetings with clients to ensure flawless execution and delivery
- Provide meaningful data analytics to suppliers through SRM program to drive sustainable performance increases
- Some travel is required
POP Knowledge & Expertise:
- Assist in the establishment, development and improvement of processes/procedures
- Develop and apply expertise of display design, materials and production to provide best in class POP materials to clients
- Utilize experience with retail environments, style guides, seasonal resets and in-store trends to deliver increased value to pep and pep's clients
- Continually strive to become a POP display expert for your business unit.
- Actively lead and participate in Display team projects or client specific initiatives to drive scale and best practices across all business units
- Assist in developing, leading and executing strategic promotional procurement strategies to deliver against team goals and objectives
- Act as a planning resource for clients: present emerging capabilities, share competitive insights and industry trends
- Drive additional spend & identify new campaigns for pep to manage
- Responsible for negotiating contracts and statement of works with supplier partners
- Conduct on-going supplier, industry and spend analysis to optimize cost savings, innovation and process improvements
- Develop and lead strategic RFP processes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Experience in one of or multiple job functions- POP display, procurement, and project management within the marketing industry
- Extremely organized and communicates well across multiple parties
- Ability to identify and provide creative solutions to challenges
- Collaborate with team members to improve and streamline processes to provide value and efficiency
- Able to deliver in an extremely fast paced environment and manage a high workload
- Independent worker, with a team player mindset, enthusiastic and energetic approach
Education and/or Experience:
Candidate must have already obtained a Bachelors' Degree and a minimum of 3+ years' experience in sourcing, project management or supplier management in the marketing industry.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel. Typing skills should be a minimum of 55 wpm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
*pep provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, pep complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
pep expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of pep's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Meet Some of Pep's Employees
Client Manager, P&G
Nicole seeks out new and profitable business opportunities for Pep’s biggest brands, overseeing operational efforts and ensuring excellent execution, as well as ultimate client satisfaction.
Back to top