HR Director - Cincinnati, OH
Job Title: HR Director
Reports To: Corporate Controller
FLSA Status: Full Time - Salaried, Exempt
Summary: The HR Director partners with the business units to procure, develop and retain the best talent in the industry. The HR Director's job also entails providing strategic, practical, consistent, and proactive support, direction and advice to other leaders on HR procedure, policy, best practice, employment rewards, benefits, and legislation to facilitate in achieving the objectives and targets of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure that every aspect of HR incorporates the vision, values, and culture of the organization.
- Ensure recruiting, training, development and retention of top quality employees.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance.
- Leads the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- Provide consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labor relations.
- Periodocally reviews and makes recommendations to management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Identify, evaluate, and resolve human relations, employee morale, work performance concerns.
- Oversee the human resources information center (HR Performer) and payroll process.
- Assess the risk management aspect at work functions and social events.
The following positions report directly to HR Director:
Talent Acquisition Supervisor
Pep Project Lead - Training
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field of study or equivalent HR work experience
- Minimum 10+ year progressive track record in Human Resources or comparable industry experience, with at least 2 years of supervisory experience
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and judgement coupled with high degree of integrity and trust; able to successfully partner with managers and leaders across the organization to effectively address issues, develop solutions and implement programs
- Strategic thinker
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Expertise in employee relations, performance management, HR metrics and project management
- Solid understanding of HR standards, employment laws and policies
- Ability to analyze HR data and metrics to recommend potential solutions or areas of focus and next steps that impact overall business goals
Language Skills: Encompass strong communication/presenting skills.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite applications (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Paycor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Meet Some of Pep's Employees
Client Manager, P&G
Nicole seeks out new and profitable business opportunities for Pep’s biggest brands, overseeing operational efforts and ensuring excellent execution, as well as ultimate client satisfaction.
Back to top