Account Supervisor - New York, NY
*Presently just collecting resumes for growth potential
Account Supervisor (Consumer Promotions Management)
Reports To: Client Manager
Status: Full Time -Salaried, Exempt
Who is pep: At pep, we deliver on your strategy - seamlessly managing all the details so that you can stay focused on your big picture. Through sustained optimization of marketing operations, we help companies execute their marketing campaigns more effectively than anyone else in the world. We know that sourcing is essential to your success. With intelligent and efficient sourcing, we leverage scale and spend in order to save you time and money. Using our measurable and customizable benchmarking process, we offer you full transparency into your spend. In addition, with pepconnect®, our campaign management and sourcing tool, we're able to consistently and successfully achieve your objectives. We pride ourselves on being long-term partners who provide quality assurance, improved speed to market and risk mitigation. Our results back us up: we've managed campaigns for over 500 brands, delivering an average of 18% savings on over $4 billion in marketing spend.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Management for Consumer Promotions Campaigns of Assigned Accounts Include:
- Lead assigned team
- Act as first point of contact for client concerns or issues
- Own client initiatives such as innovation and process improvements
- Build client and supplier relationships through face-to-face meetings
- Own specific processes and update Standard Operating Procedures as needed
- Maintain strong performance metrics
- Manage data entry into client, supplier, and pep systems
- Manage budget trackers and monthly reconciliation of budgets for assigned accounts
- Complete traditional and digital coupon tracking reports adnd provide customized reports as needed
- Stay up-to-date on industry news and trends
- Seek out additional training; strive to become an expert in the promotion type(s) you execute most often for the client
- Utilize knowledge and expertise to consult with the client on promotion specifications
- Collaborate with client and suppliers to ensure that program requirements meet legal and policy guidelines/requirements
- Manage marketing promotions from conception to completion for assigned accounts
- Collaborate with client to assemble all necessary promotion specifications; communicate requirements to respective supplier teams
- Create and manage production timeline; communicate timeline expectations to relevant client contacts, suppliers, and internal personnel
- Manage promotion scope changes as needed while ensuring an on-time and on-budget execution
- Manage coupon entry and barcode creation
- Proofread and review coupons and UPC lists for accuracy
- Effectively bid out work to suppliers or follow established sourcing strategy
- Create purchase orders and corresponding invoices
- Capture and track cost savings
* This list of essential job functions does not cover every responsibility and may be expanded as needed.
Personnel Management of Assigned Direct Reports Include:
- Develop scope documents and ensure team compliance on scope, legal, and policy guidelines
- Train new Direct Reports
- Attend Leadership Meetings bi-weekly
- Establish and maintain bi-weekly 1:1 meetings with each Direct Report in order to provide direct supervision and career guidance
- Maintain Vacation Tracker for each Direct Report
- Monitor and Report on Gap Tracker progress for each Direct Report
- Provide timely Performance Reviews for each Direct Report
- Communicate "Leadership by Committee" Concept: all AE's are led by all Managers/Supervisors
Account Supervisor Expectations:
- Maintain a Full Promotion Load
- Set an example with good metrics on your promotions
- Balance promotion work with leadership work
Basic Leadership of Your Team:
- Bi-weekly 1on1s
- Performance Reviews
- Salary Reviews
- Manage and delegate your team's workload
The Account Supervisor oversees the following positions:
Account Coordinator, Account Executive, Sr. Account Executive
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) with a 2.8+ GPA from four-year college or university; three to five years related Consumer Promotions experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Typing skills should be a minimum of 55 wpm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Meet Some of Pep's Employees
Client Manager, P&G
Nicole seeks out new and profitable business opportunities for Pep’s biggest brands, overseeing operational efforts and ensuring excellent execution, as well as ultimate client satisfaction.
Back to top