Account Executive - Satellite Trainee
Account Executive - Satellite Trainee
Reports To: Account Supervisor
Status: Full Time - Salaried, Exempt
Who we are:
Your friends ask you to pick a restaurant for dinner, but you can't possibly make a decision without first knowing how much people are looking to spend, or what type of atmosphere sounds most appealing. They didn't even give you a time! Luckily, though, that's where you shine! You can be relied on to ask the right questions, gather the finer details, and plan a great evening.
This is pep: We are the best in the world at the finer details. pep is how marketing gets done well. We will execute our client's big idea, and we will do it better than anyone else. We couldn't do this without our people, though. Our project managers execute promotions with excellence . We win, and we celebrate our wins. You will learn, you will grow, and you will be strengthened by a team of people just as hardworking as you. We will challenge you, but our people are always up for the challenge.
Who you are:
You make an impact. Your client cannot imagine doing business without you. Why? Because on-time, on-budget, and on-specification are the only ways in which you know how to operate. This is made possible because of your exceptional communication and relationship building skills. You anticipate your client's needs, and you seek to exceed their expectations.
Not only can the client rely on you, but you are also a pivotal part of your internal team. You know when the team needs you, and when you need the team. The work is fast-paced, and you know that this requires collaboration and efficiency. Are you organized? That is a rhetorical question. You work incredibly hard with the passion to match it. Most importantly, though, you are smiling while reading this because you know you're up for the challenge.
Summary: After a period of on-the-job Account Executive training/assignment in Cincinnati, a relocation assignment to another existing or new Pep office location will be issued. Details will be discussed at that time. Please note, there is no guarantee on the timing of the relocation from Cincinnati, OH. As well, no guarantee on a specific city/state of relocation can be given.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Execute with Excellence:
- Manage marketing promotions from conception to completion for your assigned business unit.
- Collaborate with client to assemble all necessary promotion specifications; communicate requirements to respective supplier teams.
- Effectively bid out work to suppliers.
- Create and manage production timeline; Communicate timeline expectations to relevant client contacts, suppliers and internal personnel.
- Collaborate with client and suppliers to ensure that program requirements meet legal and policy guidelines/requirements.
- Manage promotion scope changes as needed while ensuring an on-time and on-budget execution.
- In conjunction with supplier partners, provide client with recommendations for cost and/or time efficiencies.
- Communicate with relevant suppliers to ensure that promotions are executed to completion and adequate proof of performance is provided.
- Manage creation of all purchase orders and corresponding invoices.
- Capture and track cost savings.
- Maintain strong metrics. You are responsible for on-time file closure, on-time & on-budget and audit scores.
Build Strong Relationships:
- Build brand relationships through face-to-face meetings.
- Conduct regular status meetings with clients, vendors and internal resources to ensure a flawless execution for each promotion.
- Build a relationship with your AC. You should be mentoring and coaching them as they work towards the AE role.
- Build your Knowledge & Expertise:
- Assist in the establishment and development of processes/procedures.
- Seek out additional training in your promotion area. Strive to become an expert in the promotion type you execute most often for the client.
This list of essential job functions does not cover every responsibility and may be expanded as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- 4 year Bachelor's degree and 18 months of promotion management experience OR an Associate's Degree and 2+ years of promotion management experience.
- 2.8+ GPA
- Degree emphasis in marketing or management
- Excellent organizing, time management and oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Demonstrate internal leadership and collaborate to deliver projects to clients with agreed upon scope.
- Ability to mentor, grow and work harmoniously as part of a larger team.
- Provide excellent people leadership to direct reports
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Effectively utilizes staff including delegating as appropriate.
- Ability to manage healthy business processes.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel. Typing skills should be a minimum of 55 wpm
*pep provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, pep complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
pep expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of pep's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Back to top