Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Execute with Excellence:
- Manage marketing promotions from conception to completion for your assigned business unit.
- Collaborate with client to assemble all necessary promotion specifications; communicate requirements to respective supplier teams.
- Effectively bid out work to suppliers.
- Create and manage production timeline; Communicate timeline expectations to relevant client contacts, suppliers and internal personnel.
- Collaborate with client and suppliers to ensure that program requirements meet legal and policy guidelines/requirements.
- Manage promotion scope changes as needed while ensuring an on-time and on-budget execution.
- In conjunction with supplier partners, provide client with recommendations for cost and/or time efficiencies.
- Communicate with relevant suppliers to ensure that promotions are executed to completion and adequate proof of performance is provided.
- Manage creation of all purchase orders and corresponding invoices.
- Capture and track cost savings.
- Maintain strong metrics. You are responsible for on-time file closure, on-time & on-budget and audit scores.
- Build Strong Relationships:
- Build brand relationships through face-to-face meetings.
- Conduct regular status meetings with clients, vendors and internal resources to ensure a flawless execution for each promotion.
- Build a relationship with your AC. You should be mentoring and coaching them as they work towards the AE role.
- Build your Knowledge & Expertise:
- Assist in the establishment and development of processes/procedures.
- Seek out additional training in your promotion area. Strive to become an expert in the promotion type you execute most often for the client.
- This list of essential job functions does not cover every responsibility and may be expanded as needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree and 18 months of promotion management experience OR an Associate’s Degree and 2+ years of promotion management experience.
- 2.8+ GPA
- Degree emphasis in marketing or management
- Excellent organizing, time management and oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Demonstrate internal leadership and collaborate to deliver projects to clients with agreed upon scope.
- Ability to mentor, grow and work harmoniously as part of a larger team.
- Provide excellent people leadership to direct reports
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Effectively utilizes staff including delegating as appropriate.
- Ability to manage healthy business processes.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel. Typing skills should be a minimum of 55 wpm.
Back to top