Account Executive - Cincinnati, OH
- Please note that we accept rolling applications for this position as our staffing needs shift very quickly. This does not guarantee that we currently have an open position.*
Job Title: Account Executive
Reports To: Account Supervisor
Status: Full Time - Salaried, Non-Exempt
To Apply: www.peppromotions.com
Who is Pep: We are project management and procurement for marketing campaigns. We work with billion-dollar brands to help them achieve their goals through various promotions such as digital coupons, in store displays, print premiums, etc. Pep's world class project managers handle all of the detailed execution so that our clients can focus on the big picture! Our passion and our people make us the best in the world at managing timelines, budgets, and vendor coordination for promotional marketing projects. Looking for excellence? So are we!
Account Executive Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Execute with Excellence:
- Strategize and execute complex promotions from conception to execution to measurement for assigned business unit
- Collaborate with client to assemble all necessary promotion specifications; communicate requirements to respective supplier teams
- Effectively bid out multifaceted work to multiple suppliers
- Create and manage promotion timeline; communicate timeline expectations to relevant client contacts, suppliers, and internal personnel
- Collaborate with client and suppliers to ensure that program requirements meet legal and policy guidelines/requirements
- Effectively manage promotion scope and timing changes while ensuring an on-time and on-budget execution
- In conjunction with supplier partners, provide client with recommendations for cost and/or time efficiencies
- Communicate with relevant suppliers to ensure that promotions are executed to completion and adequate proof of performance and delivery is provided
- AE will need to be proactive and comfortable juggling multiple programs with complex scope of work and aggressive timelines
- Manage creation of all purchase orders and corresponding invoices in appropriate timeline
- Maintain strong metrics for brand relationships, file closure, performance, and audit scores
Build Strong Relationships:
- Build brand relationships with clients and vendors through face-to-face meetings. AEs should be seen as an extension of the brand team and an integral member with planning and executional excellence. Strong relationship skills, maintained throughout challenging situations, is a requirement.
- Conduct regular status meetings with clients, vendors, and internal resources to ensure a flawless execution for each promotion
- Build a relationship with assigned team, including mentoring and coaching as needed
- Understand goals/objectives and and collaborate internally with key resources on programs
Build your Knowledge & Expertise:
- Assist in the establishment and development of processes/procedures
- Assist or fully own the fiscal and one-off planning of category plans
- Seek out additional training in your promotion area. Strive to become an expert in the promotion type you execute most often for the client
This list of essential job functions does not cover every responsibility and may be expanded as needed.
Account Executive Qualifications:
To perform the Account Executive job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors in Business or Communication with 2.8+ GPA from a four-year college or university (emphasis in marketing or management) and 18 months of promotion management experience preferred OR an Associate's Degree and 2+ years of promotion management experience.
- Ability to excellently organize, manage time, and communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization
- Ability to demonstrate internal leadership and collaborate to deliver projects to clients with agreed upon scope
- Ability to mentor, grow, and work harmoniously as part of a larger team
- Ability to provide excellent people leadership to direct reports
The Account Executive should have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
The Account Executive should have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions provided in written, oral or diagram form. The Account Executive should have the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. The Account Executive should effectively utilize staff, including delegating as appropriate. The Account Executive should have the ability to manage healthy business processes.
Candidate should be very detail oriented, but also particularly adaptable to change. Program scope revisions tend to occur at a rapid pace so managing change effectively is key. It's important for the candidate to feel comfortable offering solutions and recommendations throughout the planning and execution portions of programs, as well as communicating program results/measurement post-project as needed.
To perform the Account Executive job successfully, an individual should have experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel. Typing skills should be a minimum of 55 wpm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- pep provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, pep complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
pep expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of pep's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Meet Some of Pep's Employees
Client Manager, P&G
Nicole seeks out new and profitable business opportunities for Pep’s biggest brands, overseeing operational efforts and ensuring excellent execution, as well as ultimate client satisfaction.
Back to top