- Newark, NJ
Teaching Assistants at People’s Prep provide the additional support necessary to ensure ALL of our students achieve at the highest possible levels. Through this position, Teaching Assistants gain hands-on in providing a rigorous program through in-class support, small-group instruction, and administrative duties. All members of the Wolfpack serve as models for all People’s Prep students by bringing to life our core values of Grit, Empathy, Achievement, Curiosity, Humility, and Enthusiasm.
- Assist lead teachers through in-class support, lesson planning, grading, data analysis, and other administrative duties.
- Provide additional instruction for our students in need of extra support through one-on-one sessions and small-group instruction.
- Collaborate with teachers and case managers to ensure all requirements of students’ IEPs are met.
- Do whatever it takes to support all students.
- Serve as Council Coach (advisor) to a small group of students, if needed.
- Communicate with students and their families regularly and proactively.
- Teach and enforce the school-wide, clearly defined systems, structures, and rules at all times.
- Engage fully in a coaching relationship including observations and feedback meetings with Instructional Coaches.
- Work collaboratively and participate actively at faculty meetings and in professional learning teams.
- Continue to develop professionally to ensure students attain ongoing improvement in academic achievement, particularly in literacy.
Qualifications and Certifications
- New Jersey teacher certification eligibility preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Urban education experience preferred but not required.
Salary and Benefits
- Benefits packages include health insurance, 403b with matching funds, cell phone reimbursement, and relocation stipend.
People’s Prep is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.
Back to top