Summer School Teacher
- Newark, NJ
We are currently accepting applications for the 2021 Summer School session.
Teachers at People’s Prep embody the commitment, energy, and heart needed to excel in our classrooms. They should expect the job to be challenging—and they should also expect feedback, collaboration, and support from teammates and school leaders in order to help them meet those challenges. Our teachers serve as models for all People’s Prep students by bringing to life our core values. Teachers will receive $2,400 for the two-week session.
Qualifications and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- New Jersey teacher certification or certification eligibility.
- Urban classroom experience preferred.
- Firm commitment to and belief in People’s Prep’s mission.
- Openness to feedback and willingness to take personal responsibility.
- Adjust summer instructional materials and lesson plans and submit agreed upon materials to the School Leaders as requested.
- Instruct multiple summer school courses as per the summer school schedule provided.
- Provide student support as necessary to ensure the success of our students in mastering content required to move on to the next grade level and to recover lost credits from the previous academic year.
- Teach and enforce the school-wide, clearly defined systems, structures, and rules.
- Complete administrative tasks in a timely manner.
People’s Prep is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.
Back to top