- Newark, NJ
The Data Analyst will focus on the efficient collection, analysis, and use of data to improve instruction and student achievement. This position will report to the Co-Directors but will also assist leadership team members on a variety of tasks that support our instructional and community programming. This position will aggregate, analyze, and translate results from the school’s ongoing assessments and behavioral systems at the schoolwide, grade, classroom, and individual student levels for the purposes of both formal and informal reporting. He/she will also be able to compare these results with those of local, state, and national peers. Like all of the school’s employees, the Data Analyst should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of People’s Prep.
- Maintain data management systems and train staff on their use.
- Analyze and present the following academic and school climate data to internal and external stakeholders:
- Academic: interim assessments in all content areas, report cards, MAP tests, ASPIRE assessments, practice and actual PSATs, practice and actual SAT and ACTs, and ACCUPLACER tests
- School Climate: attendance and disciplinary reports
- Project manage the creation and dissemination of high stakes reports, such as annual reports, state applications, and year-in-review documents.
- Liaise with and brief board members, school leaders, and other school personnel on the interpretation and implications of the data listed above.
- Collaborate with the Co-Directors to train others in using data more effectively.
- Provide coaching/training to teachers and department heads on how to analyze their achievement results to increase student achievement.
- Analyze external and internal achievement data to identify the achievement strengths and challenges of individual teachers, grade levels, departments, and the school as a whole.
- Complete other tasks that may be assigned by the School Leader and/or leadership team members in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated commitment to closing the achievement gap
- Ability to communicate data efficiently and effectively to a range of stakeholders
- Proficiency in Excel and other databases
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new software
- Demonstrated experience managing projects across multiple teams
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow-up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently
- Commitment to working as part of a team
Salary and Benefits
- Benefits packages include health insurance, 403b with matching funds, cell phone reimbursement, and relocation stipend.
People’s Prep is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.
Back to top