Used Car Technician
Longo Toyota/Scion and Longo Lexus, part of Penske Motor Group, LLC, is taking a different approach to automotive sales. We understand that the wants and needs of our guest are changing every day. By adapting and providing superior guest service has made Longo the #1 Toyota retailer for 48 consecutive years and the world’s largest dealership.
We’re looking for Team Members who are eager, well-rounded, ambitious and who want to jump into a new and exciting career. Our Learning & Development programs are geared to provide you with the proper introduction into the organization and our team of experts in every discipline will provide you the guidance needed to ensure your success.
Some companies may promise the world by offering you a fancy title or tell you about a creative benefits program that doesn’t fit your personal needs. We firmly believe in transparency with everything that we do and in providing a variety of benefit offerings that allow our Team Members to select those that are important to them. With our average Team Member having been with Longo for more than 9-years, you can tell that these beliefs are deeply rooted in our culture.
Longo Toyota Service, Parts and Collision Repair Center
Health & Wellness
We’re looking for the best and brightest to become part of our winning team! If you have experience in any industry or organization that focuses on providing a superior guest experience, then we encourage you apply today.
The Used Car Technician is responsible for performing vehicle repairs and maintenance work as assigned and in accordance with factory and dealership specifications and time standards.
- A high school diploma; A AS in mechanical technology or have graduated from automotive vocational school is desired;
- At least one (1) year of automotive experience;
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance; federal, state, and local regulations such as those governing the disposal of hazardous waste; and mathematical principles (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying and percentages) and application;
- Ability to operate manual transmission vehicles; determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it; coordinate activities with other employees; pay attention to detail; read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Performs safety inspections on all vehicles obtained from auction or guest trade-ins.
- Diagnoses cause of malfunction and perform repairs as needed on customer pay and internal repair orders only.
- Repairs vehicles per estimate and according to manufacturer/dealer standards.
- Road tests vehicles to quality check work performed as required.
- Examines vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Communicates requests for additional work and estimate to Service Managers.
- Completes all work according to the applicable safety requirements and published procedures.
- Documents all work performed and findings on repair orders and inspection sheets.
- Maintains communication with the Parts Department on the status on parts.
- Achieves the production objectives set by management.
- Maintains assigned workspace in an organized and clean manner.
- Maintains tools and equipment in a proper state of repair.
- Maintains a high level of grooming, hygiene, and uniform appearance.
- Performs other specific administrative functions as directed by service management.
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Competitive Compensation (May vary based on experience)
- Full Time position available.
- Free Employee Parking. If that doesn’t work for you, we have great incentives for those who Ride Share.
- Training Opportunities through Penske College to help advance this position from a Job to a Career.
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits to include Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Company and Corporate Partner Discounts to companies like GE, Dell, Microsoft, Quicken and many others.
- Access to our Health & Wellness Program which includes an on-site gym, Wellness Coach and more.
WHAT DO TEAM MEMBERS HAVE TO SAY?
Want to know what it’s like to work here? Check us out on Glassdoor.com! http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Penske-Motor-Group-EI_IE510101.11,29.htm
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/penskemotorgroupcareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/penskemotorgrp
Back to top