Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Longo Toyota/Scion and Longo Lexus, part of Penske Motor Group, LLC, is taking a different approach to automotive sales. We understand that the wants and needs of our guest are changing every day. By adapting and providing superior guest service has made Longo the #1 Toyota retailer for 49 consecutive years and the world’s largest dealership.
We’re looking for Team Members who are eager, well-rounded, ambitious and who want to jump into a new and exciting career. Our Learning & Development programs are geared to provide you with the proper introduction into the organization and our team of experts in every discipline will provide you the guidance needed to ensure your success.
Some companies may promise the world by offering you a fancy title or tell you about a creative benefits program that doesn’t fit your personal needs. We firmly believe in transparency with everything that we do and in providing a variety of benefit offerings that allow our Team Members to select those that are important to them. With our average Team Member having been with Longo for more than 9-years, you can tell that these beliefs are deeply rooted in our culture.
Longo Toyota Service, Parts and Collision Repair Center
Health & Wellness
We’re looking for the best and brightest to become part of our winning team! If you have experience in any industry or organization that focuses on providing a superior guest experience, then we encourage you apply today.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for the shipment and the receiving of goods and supplies of the Parts department.
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- A minimum of six (6) months shipping and receiving experience, preferably in a parts department;
- Knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates; and mathematical principles (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying, and percentages) and application;
- Ability to pay attention to detail; read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language; work well with the public; communicate in a professional manner on the phone, internet and in person; and use standard office equipment;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Counts, weighs, or measures items in incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records.
- Unloads or unpacks incoming shipments or arranges, packs, or prepares materials and products for display, distribution, outgoing shipment, or storage.
- Fills orders for products, following order tickets, and forwards or mails items.
- Examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Replenishes assigned inventory.
- Works with the parts runners to ensure tires are stocked properly.
- Helps management scrap warranty recovery parts.
- Pulls and delivers parts to the technicians when necessary.
- Picks up parts from other dealers and vendors when necessary.
- Operates the forklift.
- Helps the inventory control clerk with 7% return, bin checks, etc.
- Helps the Service Department move cars when necessary.
- Performs other specific administrative functions as directed by management.
- Keeps counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Assists in all other areas of the parts department, as needed.
- Maintains professional appearance at all times.
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- $12.50 per hour (May vary based on experience).
- Full Time position available.
- Free Employee Parking.
- Training Opportunities through Penske College to help advance this position from a Job to a Career.
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits to include Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Program with a Wells Fargo 401-K that includes a generous Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Company Discounts on New / Leased Vehicle Purchases, Parts and Service.
- Corporate Partner Discounts with companies such as Oakley, RayBan, General Electric, Microsoft, Quicken, Dell Computers, PC Mall, Verizon Wireless, AAA Insurance and many more.
- Access to our Health & Wellness Program which includes an on-site gym, Wellness Coach and more.
WHAT DO TEAM MEMBERS HAVE TO SAY?
Want to know what it’s like to work here? Check us out on Glassdoor.com! http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Penske-Motor-Group-EI_IE510101.11,29.htm
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/penskemotorgroupcareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/penskemotorgrp
Back to top