Mercedes-Benz of Marin, part of Penske Motor Group, LLC, is taking a different approach to automotive sales. We understand that the wants and needs of our guest are changing every day. By adapting and providing superior guest service has made Mercedes-Benz of Marin a 2014 Mercedes-Benz Best of the Best award winner .
We’re looking for Team Members who are eager, well-rounded, ambitious and who want to jump into a new and exciting career. Our Learning & Development programs are geared to provide you with the proper introduction into the organization and our team of experts in every discipline will provide you the guidance needed to ensure your success.
Some companies may promise the world by offering you a fancy title or tell you about a creative benefits program that doesn’t fit your personal needs. We firmly believe in transparency with everything that we do and in providing a variety of benefit offerings that allow our Team Members to select those that are important to them. With our average Team Member having been with Penske Motor Group for more than 9-years, you can tell that these beliefs are deeply rooted in our culture.
We’re looking for the best and brightest to become part of our winning team! If you have experience in any industry or organization that focuses on providing a superior guest experience, then we encourage you apply today.
The Technician is responsible for diagnosing and performing vehicle repairs and maintenance work as assigned and in accordance with factory and dealership specifications and time standards.
- A AS in mechanical technology or have graduated from automotive vocational school;
- At least one (1) year of automotive experience;
- Minimum of (2) Automotive ASE Certificates
- Minimum 18 months line technician experience in lieu of Lube Tech experience and mentorship program
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance; federal, state, and local regulations such as those governing the disposal of hazardous waste; and mathematical principles (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying and percentages) and application;
- Ability to operate manual transmission vehicles; determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it; read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, and legal documents; coordinate activities with other employees; pay attention to detail; read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Carry’s out a variety of vehicle repairs from (but not limited to) oil changes to rebuilding a vehicle engine.
- Diagnoses cause of malfunction and perform repairs as needed.
- Repairs vehicles per estimate and according to manufacturer standards.
- Road tests vehicles to quality check work performed as required.
- Examines vehicles to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Maintains communication with Service Advisors if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Completes all work according to the applicable safety requirements and published procedures.
- Documents all work performed and findings on repair orders and inspection sheets.
- Achieves the production objectives set by management.
- Provides the administrative assistance necessary to complete warranty repair orders and other tasks assigned by management.
- Maintains communication with Parts Department on status or parts.
- Maintains tools and equipment in a proper state of repair.
- Maintains assigned workspace in an organized and clean manner.
- Maintains a high level of grooming, hygiene, and uniform appearance.
- Performs other specific administrative functions as directed by service management.
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions.
- Report for work at assigned time in order to provide the level of service the Company’s guest expect and deserve.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Competitive Wages
- Full time positions available.
- Free Employee Parking.
- Training Opportunities through Penske College to help advance this position from a Job to a Career.
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits to include Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Company and Corporate Partner Discounts to companies like GE, Dell, Microsoft, Quicken and many others.
- Access to our Health & Wellness Program, Wellness Coach and more.
WHAT DO TEAM MEMBERS HAVE TO SAY?
Want to know what it’s like to work here?Check us out on Glassdoor.com! http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Penske-Motor-Group-EI_IE510101.11,29.htm
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/penskemotorgroupcareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/penskemotorgrp
Back to top