Mercedes-Benz of Marin, part of Penske Motor Group, LLC, is taking a different approach to automotive sales. We understand that the wants and needs of our guest are changing every day. By adapting and providing superior guest service has made Mercedes-Benz of Marin a 2014 Mercedes-Benz Best of the Best award winner .
We’re looking for Team Members who are eager, well-rounded, ambitious and who want to jump into a new and exciting career. Our Learning & Development programs are geared to provide you with the proper introduction into the organization and our team of experts in every discipline will provide you the guidance needed to ensure your success.
Some companies may promise the world by offering you a fancy title or tell you about a creative benefits program that doesn’t fit your personal needs. We firmly believe in transparency with everything that we do and in providing a variety of benefit offerings that allow our Team Members to select those that are important to them. With our average Team Member having been with Penske Motor Group for more than 9-years, you can tell that these beliefs are deeply rooted in our culture.
We’re looking for the best and brightest to become part of our winning team! If you have experience in any industry or organization that focuses on providing a superior guest experience, then we encourage you apply today.
The Sales Consultant is responsible for selling new/used vehicles at dealership standards for gross profit, volume and guest satisfaction.
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- A minimum of one (1) year sales experience preferred;
- Knowledge of vehicle leasing principles; basic mathematical concepts (such as add, subtract, divide, multiply, and percentages); equity values and depreciation; and laws that govern retail automotive sales;
- Ability to coordinates activities with other employees; read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language; learn and understand the federal, state, and local laws which govern retail auto sales; use good judgment in challenging situations; pay attentions to detail; follow-up with guests and employees; work well with the public; communicate in a professional manner on the phone, internet and in person; use standard office equipment;
- Must have a valid sales driver’s license and maintain an acceptable and safe driving record.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Generates business through daily business traffic and outside sources.
- Assists guests as they enter the dealership showroom or sales lot.
- Assists guests in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Explains fully product performance, application, benefits and offers test drives to all prospects.
- Closes sales by overcoming objections and negotiating price.
- Introduces guests to dealership operations, including the service and parts departments, to emphasize to guests the quality and efficiency of the dealerships service operations.
- Maintains an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a prospect development system.
- Keeps abreast of new products, features, accessories, etc., and their benefits to guests.
- Writes complete sales orders, process paper work, explains warranties, provisions and financing in accordance with established dealership policies.
- Follows-up with Finance to make sure all stipulations for finalizing the paperwork is completed.
- Maintains and achieves the sales and guest satisfaction objectives set by management.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned by management.
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions.
- Maintains professional appearance at all times.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Highly Competitive Wages
- Full time positions available.
- Free Employee Parking.
- Training Opportunities through Penske College to help advance this position from a Job to a Career.
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits to include Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Company and Corporate Partner Discounts to companies like GE, Dell, Microsoft, Quicken and many others.
- Access to our Health & Wellness Program, Wellness Coach and more.
WHAT DO TEAM MEMBERS HAVE TO SAY?
Want to know what it’s like to work here? Check us out on Glassdoor.com! http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Penske-Motor-Group-EI_IE510101.11,29.htm
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/penskemotorgroupcareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/penskemotorgrp
Meet Some of Penske Motor Group's Employees
Internet Sales Director
Rene oversees the day-to-day operations of the Fleet, Internet, and Marketing Departments, ensuring her sales teams work together to achieve customer satisfaction.
Back to top