Lexus of Stevens Creek, a part of Penske Motor Group, LLC, is taking a different approach to automotive sales. We understand that the wants and needs of our guest are changing every day.
We’re looking for Team Members who are eager, well-rounded, ambitious and who want to jump into a new and exciting career. Our Learning & Development programs are geared to provide you with the proper introduction into the organization and our team of experts in every discipline will provide you the guidance needed to ensure your success.
Some companies may promise the world by offering you a fancy title or tell you about a creative benefits program that doesn’t fit your personal needs. We firmly believe in transparency with everything that we do and in providing a variety of benefit offerings that allow our Team Members to select those that are important to them. With our average Team Member having been with Penske Motor Group for more than 9-years, you can tell that these beliefs are deeply rooted in our culture.
We’re looking for the best and brightest to become part of our winning team! If you have experience in any industry or organization that focuses on providing a superior guest experience, then we encourage you apply today.
The Refinish Technician is responsible for refinishing damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership quality specifications and time standards.
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- A minimum of one (1) year experience replenishing vehicles;
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance related to vehicle replenishing; federal, state, and local regulations such as those governing the disposal of hazardous waste; and mathematical principles (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying and percentages) and application;
- Ability to operate manual transmission; pay attention to detail; determines cause of operating errors on a range of makes and models and decides what to do about it; determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do the job; read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; and reads and comprehends instructions and information in the English language;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Works alongside an assigned Refinish Technician to lean how to refinish vehicles.
- Inspects vehicles that enter the paint shop to ensure it has passed all previous inspections and standards.
- Under the direction of the Refinish Technician, mixes paints to match color specifications or vehicles’ original colors.
- Assists the Refinish Technician in preparing vehicles for paint, by filling small dents and scratches with body fillers to smooth surfaces.
- Applies primer over any repairs made to vehicle surfaces.
- Buffs and wax the finished paintwork.
- Assists the Refinish Technician in laying-out logos, symbols, or designs on painted surfaces, according to blueprint specifications, using measuring instruments, stencils, and patterns.
- Achieves production objectives set by Management.
- Maintains and wears all safety and protective equipment, including respirator.
- Complies with all laws and regulations pertaining to paint, thinners, and other hazardous material.
- Operates and uses all body shop equipment properly and safely.
- Assists in all other areas of the CRC, as needed.
- Maintains tools and equipment in a proper state of repair.
- Maintains a high level of grooming, hygiene, and uniform appearance.
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- $12.50 per hour (May vary based on experience).
- Full Time position available.
- Free Team Member parking.
- Training Opportunities through Penske College to help advance this position from a Job to a Career.
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits to include Health, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- 401K with Company Match.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program .
- Company and Corporate Partner Discounts to companies like GE, Dell, Microsoft, Quicken and many others.
- Access to our Health & Wellness Program, Wellness Coach and more.
WHAT DO TEAM MEMBERS HAVE TO SAY?
Want to know what it’s like to work here? Check us out on Glassdoor.com! http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Penske-Motor-Group-EI_IE510101.11,29.htm
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/penskemotorgroupcareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/penskemotorgrp
Back to top