PDI Technician (Overnight)
Longo Toyota/Scion and Longo Lexus, part of Penske Motor Group, LLC, is taking a different approach to automotive sales. We understand that the wants and needs of our guest are changing every day. By adapting and providing superior guest service has made Longo the #1 Toyota retailer for 49 consecutive years and the world’s largest dealership.
We’re looking for Team Members who are eager, well-rounded, ambitious and who want to jump into a new and exciting career. Our Learning & Development programs are geared to provide you with the proper introduction into the organization and our team of experts in every discipline will provide you the guidance needed to ensure your success.
Some companies may promise the world by offering you a fancy title or tell you about a creative benefits program that doesn’t fit your personal needs. We firmly believe in transparency with everything that we do and in providing a variety of benefit offerings that allow our Team Members to select those that are important to them. With our average Team Member having been with Longo for more than 9-years, you can tell that these beliefs are deeply rooted in our culture.
Longo Toyota Service, Parts and Collision Repair Center
Health & Wellness
We’re looking for the best and brightest to become part of our winning team! If you have experience in any industry or organization that focuses on providing a superior guest experience, then we encourage you apply today.
The PDI technician is responsible for inspecting, preparing and servicing all new vehicles delivered to the dealership.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; some vocational training in automotive desired;
- Knowledge of automotive repair and maintenance required; and mathematical principles (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying, and percentages) and application;
- Ability to operate manual transmission vehicle; read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; determining causes of operating errors on vehicles and deciding what to do about it; read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Inspects all lubrication levels and adds proper lubrication, as required.
- Inspects all new vehicles for obvious damages and missing components.
- Replaces defective items according to specifications, using hand tools.
- Test-drives vehicles to ensure proper operation of brakes, transmission and engine operation.
- Activates power equipment such as electric windows, seats, radio, horn, lights, and directional signals to ensure specified operating standards.
- Touches up any minor chips and scratches on paint.
- Installs optional equipment specified by the guest or dealers such as outside mirrors, rugs, seat covers, using hand tools.
- Installs standard components such as hubcaps and wiper blades, using hand tools.
- Installs manufacturer and after market accessories.
- Follows all company safety policies, operations and practices.
- Assists in all other areas of the Service Department as needed.
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions.
- Maintains assigned workspace in an organized and clean manner.
- Maintains a high level of grooming, hygiene, and uniform appearance.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- $12.50 per hour (May vary based on experience)
- Full Time overnight position available.
- Free Employee Parking. If that doesn’t work for you, we have great incentives for those who Ride Share.
- Training Opportunities through Penske College to help advance this position from a Job to a Career.
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits to include Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Company and Corporate Partner Discounts to companies like GE, Dell, Microsoft, Quicken and many others.
- Access to our Health & Wellness Program which includes an on-site gym, Wellness Coach and more.
WHAT DO TEAM MEMBERS HAVE TO SAY?
Want to know what it’s like to work here? Check us out on Glassdoor.com! http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Penske-Motor-Group-EI_IE510101.11,29.htm
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/penskemotorgroupcareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/penskemotorgrp
Back to top