Mercedes-Benz of Marin, part of Penske Motor Group, is taking a different approach to automotive sales. We understand that the wants and needs of our guest are changing every day. By adapting and providing superior guest service has made Mercedes-Benz of Marin a Mercedes-Benz Best of the Best award winner .
We’re looking for Team Members who are eager, well-rounded, ambitious and who want to jump into a new and exciting career. Our Learning & Development programs are geared to provide you with the proper introduction into the organization and our team of experts in every discipline will provide you the guidance needed to ensure your success.
Some companies may promise the world by offering you a fancy title or tell you about a creative benefits program that doesn’t fit your personal needs. We firmly believe in transparency with everything that we do and in providing a variety of benefit offerings that allow our Team Members to select those that are important to them. With our average Team Member having been with Penske Motor Group for more than 9-years, you can tell that these beliefs are deeply rooted in our culture.
We’re looking for the best and brightest to become part of our winning team! If you have experience in any industry or organization that focuses on providing a superior guest experience, then we encourage you apply today.
The Parts Manager is responsible for the development and profitability of the dealership Parts department.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; some college desired;
- A minimum of three (3) years automotive parts management experience; proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of warranty process and policies; automotive parts, parts operations including purchasing, inventory control, and pricing; and mathematical principles (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying, and percentages) and application;
- Ability to coordinate activities with other employees and to oversee the work of subordinate; interview, hire and develop employees; conduct corrective actions and performance appraisals; use good judgment under pressure, stress, or in an emergency; write reports and business correspondence read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language; work well with the public; communicate in a professional manner on the phone, internet and in person; and use standard office equipment.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Hires, trains, motivates, counsels, and monitors the performance of all Parts Department staff.
- Works with the Parts Director/General Manager in forecasting goals and objectives for the department and strives to meet them.
- Works with the Service Manager/Body Shop Managers to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal use.
- Works alongside the Parts Director/General Manager to establish pricing parameters to ensure guest loyalty and generate sufficient gross for the dealership.
- Monitors and adjusts inventory to minimize obsolescence.
- Coordinates the preparation for annual inventory.
- Ensures all defective merchandise is returned for credit promptly.
- Ensures the department maintains required Toyota Certification so the company can achieve the President’s Award as well as the Parts Excellence Award.
- Establishes individual parts inventory levels and balance them for maximum turnover.
- Monitors daily reports and sales productivity.
- Coordinates a prompt, efficient and timely flow of paperwork, paying particular attention to parts sales per repair order, wreck estimates, issuance of credit memos, counter ticket filing, and purchase order matching and verification.
- Ensures that all parts are properly tagged so that the dealership recovers full credit from the factory.
- Handles the preparation and returning of HV Battery Cores.
- Ensures warranty parts recoveries are returned in a timely manner.
- Directs shipping and receiving efforts to ensure timely processing.
- Enforces, and monitors guidelines for working with guests to ensure maximum guest satisfaction.
- Handles guest concerns that demand management’s attention tactfully, promptly, and with genuine concern for the guest’s problems.
- Achieves sales goals and profitability for the dealership.
- Monitors daily reports and sales productivity.
- Maintains vacation scheduling for the department.
- Ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Understands and keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that may affect the parts department.
- Provides technical assistance to parts department employees.
- Works all counters when necessary.
- Answers Guests phone calls when necessary.
- Stays abreast of new equipment, warranties, tools and products available and recommends purchases.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with vendors.
- Performs other administrative duties, as needed.
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Highly Competitive wages
- Full Time position available.
- Free Employee Parking.
- Training Opportunities through Penske College to help advance this position from a Job to a Career.
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits to include Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Company and Corporate Partner Discounts to companies like GE, Dell, Microsoft, Quicken and many others.
- Access to our Health & Wellness Program which includes a gym membership reimbursement program, Wellness Coach and more.
WHAT DO TEAM MEMBERS HAVE TO SAY?
Want to know what it’s like to work here? Check us out on Glassdoor.com! http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Penske-Motor-Group-EI_IE510101.11,29.htm
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/penskemotorgroupcareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/penskemotorgrp
Back to top