Parts Front Counterperson
Lexus of Stevens Creek, a part of Penske Motor Group, LLC, is taking a different approach to automotive sales. We understand that the wants and needs of our guest are changing every day.
We’re looking for Team Members who are eager, well-rounded, ambitious and who want to jump into a new and exciting career. Our Learning & Development programs are geared to provide you with the proper introduction into the organization and our team of experts in every discipline will provide you the guidance needed to ensure your success.
Some companies may promise the world by offering you a fancy title or tell you about a creative benefits program that doesn’t fit your personal needs. We firmly believe in transparency with everything that we do and in providing a variety of benefit offerings that allow our Team Members to select those that are important to them. With our average Team Member having been with Penske Motor Group for more than 9-years, you can tell that these beliefs are deeply rooted in our culture.
We’re looking for the best and brightest to become part of our winning team! If you have experience in any industry or organization that focuses on providing a superior guest experience, then we encourage you apply today.
The Front Counterperson is responsible for selling parts to all retail guests over the counter, through the Internet and/ or on the phone.
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- A minimum of one (2) years of automotive parts sales experience, preferably in an automotive dealership;
- Knowledge of automotive parts; basic mathematical principles (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and percentages) and application;
- Ability to pay attention to detail; follow-up with internal and external guests; read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; read and comprehends instructions and information in the English language; work well with the public; communicate in a professional manner on the phone, Internet and in person; and use standard office equipment.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Assists walk-in guests in selecting needed parts, suggesting companion requirements, and ensuring guest is exposed to the full product line.
- Answers phone calls, internet request and provides price quotes, and other information as requested.
- Responds to phone calls, messages, and emails by following “Call Rater” script.
- Requests special order parts solicited by guest and notifies when they have arrived.
- Pulls purchased parts from stock and follows-up with back ordered parts.
- Receives cash, checks, and credit card payments from retail guests.
- Reconciles and balances cash drawer according to department policies and procedures.
- Sets up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up.
- Verifies “will call” and “back-order” files.
- Returns to vendor(s) or stock those items no longer required.
- Replenishes assigned inventory and notifies management of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Cleans, revises, and updates parts displays as directed.
- Assists the Back Counter, as needed.
- Provides high level of service to internal and external guests.
- Achieves monthly sales objectives set by management.
- Performs other specific administrative functions as directed by management.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Assist in all other areas of the parts department when needed.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Time position available.
- Free Employee Parking.
- Training Opportunities through Penske College to help advance this position from a Job to a Career.
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits to include Health, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- 401K with Company Match.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program .
- Company and Corporate Partner Discounts to companies like GE, Dell, Microsoft, Quicken and many others.
- Access to our Health & Wellness Program, Wellness Coach and more.
WHAT DO TEAM MEMBERS HAVE TO SAY?
Want to know what it’s like to work here? Check us out on Glassdoor.com! http://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Penske-Motor-Group-EI_IE510101.11,29.htm
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/penskemotorgroupcareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/penskemotorgrp
Back to top